Away tickets

I don't really feel qualified to comment on this thread as, Wembley matches aside, I have attended three away matches since the Villa Park semi-final v Ipswich in 1981. The first was away to Newcastle when Tevez scored two when I was in the Gallowgate End (don't ask!) and the second was at Norwich in an FA Cup tie in the City support. This final one was at Celtic, when again I was in the home support area.

I am on around 10,000 points. This is likely to be sufficient to get me a ticket for any City match at Wembley and hopefully any Champions League final. So the current system suits me. It's enough of a trek to get to home matches from Edinburgh before thinking about away matches.

However, unless things change, away tickets are likely to get harder to obtain for a lot of away matches. Employing a strict points system is likely to result in City's away support consisting of mostly of pensioners over time. Or do I misunderstand the mechanics of how things work?

Do you think 10k would be enough for a champions league final with the shit allocation clubs get ?
I’m on 15k and worried that I’d struggle if the opportunity came about ..

Points Whores are a convenient, mythical scapegoat.

What's far more common is someone missing the occasional match (especially a CL Away Leg) and buying a ticket for their mate.

The Collection Issue is far more of a pain in the arse.
Surely there's an easier way for somebody to prove that he/she is actually travelling to the game.

I remember the media outcry when a United fan from Hayfield was banned after being too ill to travel to Hull, and not informing the club (I think he wanted his son to have the ticket)
Prepare yourself for similar grief, especially when there's an aggressive stand-off and you're next in the queue.

Do you think 10k would be enough for a champions league final with the shit allocation clubs get ?
I’m on 15k and worried that I’d struggle if the opportunity came about ..
Next seasons final ground holds 76k so if your in cup scheme 15 thousand points i'd reckon you'd be fine.

It’s not going to be like that at all mate, the City Matters forum rep said on Twitter, so I’m reporting what he typed, it’ll take a few minutes.
We are going to just waltz up to the ticket office at the away ground and your ticket will be handed to you immediately by a gorgeous attendant and then you’ll be whisked off on a silken magic carpet to your seat.

Alternatively you could be stood in a ticket collection queue like the ones at the Etihad for over an hour in the pissing rain and miss most of the first half. Those who live in the real world will know which is the most likely scenario.

You've just reminded me.
Where the fuck is the Ticket Office at West Ham and Brighton?

Even my Everton mates ridicule their own little Ticket Office, with a capacity of about 10 supporters.
In fact, for some of these games it might be easier to just bite the bullet and go in the home end.

You've just reminded me.
Where the fuck is the Ticket Office at West Ham and Brighton?

Even my Everton mates ridicule their own little Ticket Office, with a capacity of about 10 supporters.
In fact, for some of these games it might be easier to just bite the bullet and go in the home end.
In a lucid moment this afternoon I pictured the outside ticket office outside the North Stand with hundreds waiting in line to collect their match tickets.
And as I walk by I think, thank god I have a seasoncard.

However our Club and reps seem to think it’s ok for us to join that long line rather spend time with our mates following hours of travelling to get there.

A couple of years ago a mate of mine left his Chelsea tickets in the hotel. As I was near the ground drinking he asked me would I go and arrange some duplicates and he’d meet me there. It took over 45 fucking minutes and we got in the ground just as we kicked off. And the Chelsea ticket office is next to the away end, but they are every bit as slow as our ticket office.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.