Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching the documentary 'we fight to the end', it seems we have a very special atmosphere in the dressing room. Why would anyone want to leave that whilst being looked after by the best coach in the world, whilst contesting for every trophy we enter, whilst working day to day in the best facilities in the world, whilst picking up as good a wedge as you will get anywhere, whilst being adored by the best, most loyal, most knowledgeable supporters in the world?

Maybe the Bratwurst and Oktoberfest will swing it?

I would absolutely want to leave, if I thought I was one of the best players in the world, but couldn't get a consistent run in the team.

I would absolutely want to leave, if I thought I was one of the best players in the world, but couldn't get a consistent run in the team.
I wasn’t being altogether serious Nev and can’t argue with that. Consistent is a good word and Leroy needs to be it before he can count himself amongst the best players in the world. I honestly still don’t think he gets into our strongest team such is the quality. Same applies to Gabby. Love them both and hope they look medium term and stay. However, you couldn’t blame them really if they wanted to move for more playing time.

I wasn’t being altogether serious Nev and can’t argue with that. Consistent is a good word and Leroy needs to be it before he can count himself amongst the best players in the world. I honestly still don’t think he gets into our strongest team such is the quality. Same applies to Gabby. Love them both and hope they look medium term and stay. However, you couldn’t blame them really if they wanted to move for more playing time.

I actually do think Sané is in our strongest team but imo, we don't give him any leeway to be what he is.

For example, if we want him to run at players, take them on, shoot, etc, we HAVE to accept he's going to lose the ball half the time doing it. If we don't want him to do those things & instead just want him to press, pass & track back, & do a bit of the other, occasionally, why did we sign him ?

Imo Sané is a harder working version of Ronaldo. No chance Ronaldo would ever do the job Bernardo or Sterling do (nor would Aguero). He would forever be attempting stuff until he scored or assisted & fuck everybody else until it worked. That's how he became so good at it.

Personally, i think Pep needs to start handling these questions a bit better if i'm honest. There's always a not so hidden 'but', and he is giving Bayern and the press the encouragement that Sane, at least publicly, doesnt seem to be. And has been for a while. Sane doesn't seem to be pushing for a move, just taking time over his contract offer, given how little he has featured at the end of the season (when say an out of form mahrez started ahead of him), i don't blame him for wanting to see how the season pans out. So why not ease off the somewhat microaggressive statements that can be read into by anyone looking to do so.

Personally, i think Pep needs to start handling these questions a bit better if i'm honest. There's always a not so hidden 'but', and he is giving Bayern and the press the encouragement that Sane, at least publicly, doesnt seem to be. And has been for a while. Sane doesn't seem to be pushing for a move, just taking time over his contract offer, given how little he has featured at the end of the season (when say an out of form mahrez started ahead of him), i don't blame him for wanting to see how the season pans out. So why not ease off the somewhat microaggressive statements that can be read into by anyone looking to do so.

Pep is single minded about the team & Leroy has to fit in & if he wants to be on board with that, sign up to it & learn. Pep is probably frustrated that he hasn't (like Sancho).

But from Leroy's p.o.v. if he is as single minded about himself, as Pep is about the team, he will leave instead.

I don't think Leroy is necessarily that single minded, which is why he will never be Ronaldo. But he may well stay with us & become better than Sterling in the future.

Pep is single minded about the team & Leroy has to fit in & if he wants to be on board with that, sign up to it & learn. Pep is probably frustrated that he hasn't (like Sancho).

But from Leroy's p.o.v. if he is as single minded about himself, as Pep is about the team, he will leave instead.

I don't think Leroy is necessarily that single minded, which is why he will never be Ronaldo. But he may well stay with us & become better than Sterling in the future.

I agree entirely, and that's how i perceive their dynamic as well. I just think, Pep could hold off a little bit with that last bit of the comment that does give a hint of reading into, at least for a few weeks. But, at least he is consistent. Like bayern's nonsense.

I actually do think Sané is in our strongest team but imo, we don't give him any leeway to be what he is.

For example, if we want him to run at players, take them on, shoot, etc, we HAVE to accept he's going to lose the ball half the time doing it. If we don't want him to do those things & instead just want him to press, pass & track back, & do a bit of the other, occasionally, why did we sign him ?

Imo Sané is a harder working version of Ronaldo. No chance Ronaldo would ever do the job Bernardo or Sterling do (nor would Aguero). He would forever be attempting stuff until he scored or assisted & fuck everybody else until it worked. That's how he became so good at it.
Pep expects players to perform the way he asks them to. If Leroy can do that imo he will become a world beater. I see a lot of signs that he does want to do it. You will notice when he is brought on as sub, his first 5 minutes are always very active defensively. Likewise when he loses the ball he visibly always tries to get it back. I do think he loses 100% concentration at times and his work rate and positional play drops.

With Dave playing less, Bernie will move inside and it will be a straight choice between Leroy and Mahrez. If Leroy can stop the lapses, he should nail that starting place.

Pep expects players to perform the way he asks them to. If Leroy can do that imo he will become a world beater. I see a lot of signs that he does want to do it. You will notice when he is brought on as sub, his first 5 minutes are always very active defensively. Likewise when he loses the ball he visibly always tries to get it back. I do think he loses 100% concentration at times and his work rate and positional play drops.

With Dave playing less, Bernie will move inside and it will be a straight choice between Leroy and Mahrez. If Leroy can stop the lapses, he should nail that starting place.
Totally agree,you'll see him chase back 50 yds when he loses possession and 5 minutes later the same thing happens and he'll stand with his hands on his hips.
If he can rid himself of this part of his game he'll reach his full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.