Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree,you'll see him chase back 50 yds when he loses possession and 5 minutes later the same thing happens and he'll stand with his hands on his hips.
If he can rid himself of this part of his game he'll reach his full potential.
It isn't the chasing back that is the weakness it's the losing possession in the first place. Which Sterling and Bernardo don't do so much.

The word is “otherworldly,” and a contract elsewhere doesn’t have to be the same as the ask here. Different clubs, different structures and possibly even completely different reasons for wanting £X here and accepting €Y there.

The pull of home could be worth a lot of money in a foreign land. Yer right, CB, but how much better would Leroy be with Pep and the host of City players around him. Sometimes the pull of familiar surroundings needs to take a back seat. And besides, I want to see the fucker at The Etihad, not reading about how he's turned over Augsburg! i can be as selfish as the next Sanchez!!

shit or get off the pot, Leroy.

Stay with the best team in the world or go home to mum. Be a man or stay a boy.

But hurry up ffs.

I personally think he will sign, he's probably just trying to get the best deal he can, and why shouldn't he? Sterling dragged it out and got a great deal. The sterling thread was very similar to this one. The longer the deal takes to thrash out, his stance strengthens and the clubs weakens getting him the deal he wants

Take the emotion out of it, this is a job to them.

If you were due to negotiate a new and better contract at your work, would you tell the boss before you went in the contract meeting that you absolutely love the place and will be happy to stay come what may?

No, if you are being coveted by another blue chip company you'd make the company you work for aware of this. You make it clear that although you would prefer to stay you would be willing to go if your ambitions weren't met. That's how to maximise your earnings.

100% correct , they are employees , but football being an emotive business tends to make some fans think that players feel a similar way to us .the supporters , and they simply do not , they have joined MCFC to win trophies / medals and for a decent remuneration , there are not many players that get emotionally attached to a football club. A lot of players like to retire or make their last move at their boyhood football club but that as far as it goes ,for the majority of footballers its about medals and money and it would be naive to think otherwise.
Unless you play for the Dippers , you join a cult , you play for free just so you can here the infamous YNWA before kick off because "this means more" :)

It isn't the chasing back that is the weakness it's the losing possession in the first place. Which Sterling and Bernardo don't do so much.
It is a weakness but I see your point about possession,I think this is partly explained by the directness of his play when in possession.

Pep expects players to perform the way he asks them to. If Leroy can do that imo he will become a world beater. I see a lot of signs that he does want to do it. You will notice when he is brought on as sub, his first 5 minutes are always very active defensively. Likewise when he loses the ball he visibly always tries to get it back. I do think he loses 100% concentration at times and his work rate and positional play drops.

With Dave playing less, Bernie will move inside and it will be a straight choice between Leroy and Mahrez. If Leroy can stop the lapses, he should nail that starting place.

I can see Sane becoming possibly City's best player under Pep.

But I can also see him becoming just as good or better, as a different kind of player, elsewhere, without Pep.

Like Ibrahimovic did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.