Buying a new TV

Stoned Rose

Any recommendations please blues?

I want a ‘smart’ tv with most of, if not all the trimmings.

If I get one, do I also need a Firestick?

If not a Firestick, what are my other options?

Oh and it has to be one I can watch the new City channel on.

Ta :)

Last edited:
Try richer sounds if you join their VIP thing (free) then you get a 6 year guarantee and they price may h and by the sound of it he is a good bloke who owns it

get a smart tv no need for firestick, LG OLED or Sony Bravia(?) both good shouts but not cheap

Richersounds as above.
LG or Panasonic.
You will need a Firestick.
Not all catch up channels are available on all smart TVs.
The City app is on firestick its £1.99 a month to subscribe

get a smart tv no need for firestick, LG OLED or Sony Bravia(?) both good shouts but not cheap

Richersounds as above.
LG or Panasonic.
You will need a Firestick.
Not all catch up channels are available on all smart TVs.
The City app is on firestick its £1.99 a month to subscribe

Haha so does he need a firestick or not?

Depends if his smart tv has all catch up services. If not he will need one.
Amazon will be available on his tv for the City tv app.

cEGUuNh.gif

Bargain. Not smart tv, no hd, works a treat if you bang the top and sides a few times.

For myself i look more to "dumb" tv's with better spec. A firestick instantly makes it smart and gives you more freedom regarding apps. Most tv smart features are setup just so and can't be altered much if at all. That said you can't avoid the manufacturers own stuff now as all come with smart features. I just don't use them and stick to my firestick.

If you want super smooth footy you want a high Hz refresh rate, how big is the room it will be in, how far away will you be sat?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.