Wolves post match thread

That’s how Wolves always play, what would be the point in them playing completely differently when they have a Europa League qualifier in 5 days?
because at some point in the league, or cup, games they are going to have to at some point!! today was a good time to gauge just how good his side are when toe to toe with the league champs. that's what i would do anyway!!

i struggle to see what wolves learned from the game. i really don't understand their methodology of deep defence in a friendly game, even if a pot was at stake.

what have they taken from that game that will help them beat city in the league (and cup) games?? they wasted everybody's time today.

They wasted nobody’s time. This isn’t specifically aimed at you mate I’m thinking back to last season and the responses on here to dropped points but the entitlement amongst some of our fans that insist the opposition come out and throw caution to the wind to allow us to smash them by a Cricket score every game is bordering on rag arrogance at times.

First and foremost it’s a complete disservice to our players and the game we play to simply say they sat back, they didn’t intentionally sit on the edge of their box with 10 men, we forced them to as we controlled the game throughout, kept the ball in possession with a 90% pass completion rate and won the ball back quickly out of it, they didn’t come out because we didn’t let them and suggesting they simply sat back is not giving the credit our team deserve for the way we control games.

They played no more or less defensive than West Ham did the other day in comparison but the narrative is different because wolves were simply better defensively/we wasn’t as clinical offensively.

The notion that because it’s a friendly they should be having a go makes zero sense, the point of pre-season is for the manager to get players fit and get formations and tactics drilled into the team. What benefit would Wolves get from playing in a manner they’ll never play against a side like us? That would have been a good defensive exercise for their team as well as a physical workout chasing shadows for the majority of the game, that’s what they get from it. The equivalent to them going all out attack against us would have been for us to play something like daft like a back 5 with 3 dm’s and 2 attackers and to sit in our own half defending and only hitting them on the break.

Do you think Pep would get more out of the game seeing his side that’s littered with the best kids and new recruits play against a decent quality side in the manner we would play a premier league game against them or to see an exhibition charity game that ends 8-3?

Italian teams perfected the art of stifling opponents, I have no problems with teams trying to perfect their chosen m.o. they have every right to do so. Going all-out attack, something they wont do again, really would be a waste of time. Imo of course. As fans we can moan all we want about " defensive negative tactics" as if it was against the rules, or dishonest. T'was ever thus, anyway good warm up for the post-match forum.....potential scapegoats identified, keyboards tuned, "s h i t" buttons replaced, body-language "experts" poised for attack mode. LOCK and LOAD.....Bluemooners xx
it was a glorified friendly though. time to try new things when the pressure isn't on. just seems odd to me. i would have them try and be adventurous, see just how good they are when there is nothing hanging on the result. doesn't come around very often, to play against the league champs with no recourse on the result.
city learned more about themselves AND wolves today than wolves learned about anything, really.

Wow you lot really are sore losers aren't you! You lost, we won. End of. Suck it up. See you next season when the gloves are off!
Take it easy tiger, we won the treble last year and nobody cared a single fuck about it, you won today and Tyler gave birth to quads, the papers will give you all the accolades and plenty of column inches.... Lets leave it there, enjoy telling your kids all about it

Ps. Good luck for next season....

They wasted nobody’s time. This isn’t specifically aimed at you mate I’m thinking back to last season and the responses on here to dropped points but the entitlement amongst some of our fans that insist the opposition come out and throw caution to the wind to allow us to smash them by a Cricket score every game is bordering on rag arrogance at times.

First and foremost it’s a complete disservice to our players and the game we play to simply say they sat back, they didn’t intentionally sit on the edge of their box with 10 men, we forced them to as we controlled the game throughout, kept the ball in possession with a 90% pass completion rate and won the ball back quickly out of it, they didn’t come out because we didn’t let them and suggesting they simply sat back is not giving the credit our team deserve for the way we control games.

They played no more or less defensive than West Ham did the other day in comparison but the narrative is different because wolves were simply better defensively/we wasn’t as clinical offensively.

The notion that because it’s a friendly they should be having a go makes zero sense, the point of pre-season is for the manager to get players fit and get formations and tactics drilled into the team. What benefit would Wolves get from playing in a manner they’ll never play against a side like us? That would have been a good defensive exercise for their team as well as a physical workout chasing shadows for the majority of the game, that’s what they get from it. The equivalent to them going all out attack against us would have been for us to play something like daft like a back 5 with 3 dm’s and 2 attackers and to sit in our own half defending and only hitting them on the break.

Do you think Pep would get more out of the game seeing his side that’s littered with the best kids and new recruits play against a decent quality side in the manner we would play a premier league game against them or to see an exhibition charity game that ends 8-3?
they sat deep, and stayed there. when they were in possession they were still deep. they waited until the last 10 minutes to try and move players into our half with intent.
as i say, at some point next season they are going to have to attack us, and they learned nothing about our weaknesses.

The response to @Tomcat1 is unbelievable, lol. He comes in, makes a post in good faith with some good-natured joshing, and you all go mad at him about a couple of jokey throw-away comments? Bit precious.

It’s been a long time now since we won the Premier League Asia Trophy, and to lose it on penalties as well, while dressed as pear drops, well it’s understandable that nerves are raw and emotions are running high...

The response to @Tomcat1 is unbelievable, lol. He comes in, makes a post in good faith with some good-natured joshing, and you all go mad at him about a couple of jokey throw-away comments? Bit precious.
The way some posters round on guests without just cause is reprehensible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.