The most challenging thing you’ve done?

Probably floating 230 miles of the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon in an 8' whitewater kayak. There were 16 of us, we were on the river for 18 days, we prep'd all the food, it was a private trip, five rafts and three kayakers. We got behind schedule by the second day so the kayakers would run the rapids first and then direct the rafts as they came into view, got a little hairy in places....and there's no way out

Juggling 3 kids two teenage daughters, a lunatic wife, lesbian ex wife, helping kids with a levels, 11 plus exams while Building a sky scraper and elderly parents losing the plot.

This year has been a challenge to say the least.

And I simply don’t function while city are not playing. Hate the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
About 20 years ago I was driving up to Edinburgh and the fog got too bad. So I stopped at a guest house in Dunbar. It was like I'd walked into Silent Hill.
Hey! My father in law used to run a guest house in Dunbar. Sunny Dunny! I grew up there. Made me what I am ;-)

When I lived in Devon I used to cycle to work and back, Kingskerswell to Torbay Hospital, a journey of about 5 miles round trip. There was a fundraiser going on to raise money for toys and games for the Childrens Ward. I organised a sponsored circular cycle ride between all the Hospitals in South Devon, a total of 95 miles, and Devon is full of Hills ! I was the only one that finished, took me 14 hours then cycled home. Still feel stiff 35 years later.

Must have been a good arse you were tailing.

Probably floating 230 miles of the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon in an 8' whitewater kayak. There were 16 of us, we were on the river for 18 days, we prep'd all the food, it was a private trip, five rafts and three kayakers. We got behind schedule by the second day so the kayakers would run the rapids first and then direct the rafts as they came into view, got a little hairy in places....and there's no way out
Where was washroom

Where was washroom
If you mean the toilets, we had one raft with five containers on and that's all that raft carried. You shit in them until they're full, then the next one. You take all your trash out with you and all your shit out with you so that the beaches look like you're the first person to ever be there. All rivers are the same out here and if you get caught littering or taking a shite anywhere other than designated containers you're done for. Idaho has four wilderness rivers you have to get a permit to float in the summer, all multi day trips through really remote areas of the state with the most amazing scenery and great rapids

Becoming a father to twins at the age of 43. They're 2 now and it's exhausting - but I truly love it and never have I felt such an extraordinary feeling and love as I do for the both of them. It's almost overwhelming at times.

I work away from home a lot and it gets harder and harder as they develop their personalities, to say bye bye to them on a Sunday evening.

Time for a career change soon.
Wonderful post and congratulations.

A tip from an old bugger, don't change your career soon, do it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.