Taylor Harwood-Bellis | On loan at Southampton

Wait so Foden, Doyle and Bellis are all local... and they are IMO our best academy players as well...

Maybe the scouts should bring in more of the local lads?

We buy so many players from around the world (the likes of Palaversa, Gomes, Ilic (x2)) and yet our most talented youngsters are the actual local lads. We’ve then got the likes of MacDonald and Hodge coming through as well, and they’re both from the Manchester area I believe.

Last edited:
Wait so Foden, Doyle and Bellis are all local... and they are IMO our best academy players as well...

Maybe the scouts should bring in more of the local lads?

I feel like that’s always been in the case. You are right the best young players are our local players.

You also get the added benefits that the they instantly have a connection with the fans and the club. Would be great to see all 3 in our first team

Thought he looked very assured. Did everything Pep wants in a center back. Him and Garcia look to be superb prospects at CB.

We buy so many players from around the world (the likes of Palaversa, Gomes, Ilic (x2)) and yet our most talented youngsters are the actual local lads. We’ve then got the likes of MacDonald and Hodge coming through as well, and they’re both from the Manchester area I believe.

Not seen Hodges but do like McDonald and Dioukou

Fantastic seeing the progress of this lad. My dad was big mates with his grandad (Dave Bellis) who I think was a City fan. His uncle Steve Bellis has been with county for years and is one of the directors. When I was a kid Dave Bellis used to take us to the Stockport County soccer school at the time at Cheadle. Some well known names at the time were playing at County who helped train us. The likes of Chris Beaumomt, Jim Gannon, Andy Preece and Kevin Francis. His dad is Martin Bellis and both him and Taylor are big County fans apparently but he's been with City since he was 6 I believe.

Shouldn’t underestimate the importance of having a supportive family and established social network nearby for the local players. Youngsters coming from afar often lack those and have to face the language and cultural obstacles as well. There is then the peculiarities of the microclimate...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.