A Boss Who's a Bully

Otamendi's Beard

Anyone had this problem and got any advice?

My current boss is your old school, authoritarian type who is always right and discourages any different perspectives.

She's also completely unapproachable and has no time for any questions, treating people with contempt if they're unsure of something. She regularly speaks to people like shit and creates an awkward atmosphere for everyone in an open plan office.

Her favourite thing is pulling individual people into a meeting room to tell them off like they're a child.

The worst part is she ruins what should be a great job and place to work. Not sure I can't hack it for much longer and she's got away with it for years, way before I started.

Anyone had this problem and got any advice?

My current boss is your old school, authoritarian type who is always right and discourages any different perspectives.

She's also completely unapproachable and has no time for any questions, treating people with contempt if they're unsure of something. She regularly speaks to people like shit and creates an awkward atmosphere for everyone in an open plan office.

Her favourite thing is pulling individual people into a meeting room to tell them off like they're a child.

The worst part is she ruins what should be a great job and place to work. Not sure I can't hack it for much longer and she's got away with it for years, way before I started.

Are you in a Union?

There are ways to go at this but some require a lot of effort. Do they have a local they go to with the girlies? If so go in when she is there, ignore her and have a face that says "fuck off i am here to drink and mind my own business" or with a pal relaxed and smiling, again ignore her though. Walk past them with your focused assertive attitude and just enjoy a pint. If they know your a local to them they can start to look at you in a different light. Especially if you have the aura of someone happy to tell any nosey work mates to leave them alone in their free time.

It may not work but it is a decent tactic to make someone re-evaluate how someone perceives you.

To actually answer the question though, I had a boss some years back who just didn't seem to like me from the start. I was doing really well in that department and job (started as a temp and worked up). In the end I just left, you can't change some people and they will always be dicks regardless. He did the same to my replacement and then got shown the door 6 months later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.