Away tickets

Is there any evidence for this or just a load of conspiracy theories? It sounds like it should be a sacking offence if it's true.

I had a job interview at City years ago which wasn’t successful and the interviewer mentioned there were ticket benefits etc. Staff reselling wouldn’t surprise me.

This whole thread is about people wanting what’s best for themselves.

Here’s a few examples:
1894 members saying they don’t accept the results of their survey on the CM changes.
People wanting more equitable ticket distributions being opposed to ID checks (I’m not a huge fan of them either).
People asking for ballots (with low points)
And yes Supporters Club members wanting to maintain the limited number of tickets they are allocated.

There are arguments for and against each issue I’ve listed but at least the CM Reps gave their own time as volunteers. They are now being threatened with violence on social media but we don’t know whether the CM changes will be for the better or worse yet.
There are arguments for and against each issue , the point is it seems the Cm reps are only driving there arguments not both sides of the arguments , I thought they were there to represent ALL supporters not just those that think the same way as they do.
It seems they had ideas and instead of canvassing the fan base they represent they went full steam ahead with what they thought best, the club could easily have sent out surveys regarding points raised to get the thoughts of supporters ( something they do regularly ) before making any decisions on which way to go.

There are arguments for and against each issue , the point is it seems the Cm reps are only driving there arguments not both sides of the arguments , I thought they were there to represent ALL supporters not just those that think the same way as they do.
It seems they had ideas and instead of canvassing the fan base they represent they went full steam ahead with what they thought best, the club could easily have sent out surveys regarding points raised to get the thoughts of supporters ( something they do regularly ) before making any decisions on which way to go.

I’m not sure mate. I’m sure PB would have argued for the 18-25 allocation to come from different groups and for the ID checks to be across the Board. Ultimately, it was City who made the decisions.

I only know one of the reps well and that is Andy Bucknall who said they floated ideas with City but weren’t involved in the final decision making.

You being on this thread reminds me of IIRC the most self centre post I’ve seen on any of the away ticket threads. You were just on the thread and not the culprit may I hasten to add. A guy who lived somewhere between the Midlands and down South said he should get a heads up about away ticket allocations before Blues from Manchester because he said he could access much cheaper flights from Airports like Stanstead. I recall telling him where to go and I think a few other posters did too. Hopefully it was a good WUM mate

Ticket check at away games. Tickets can only be used by the purchaser.

Croatia required names printed on tickets and an original document (drivers licence, passport) in order to gain entry. One in four ticket holders were unable to confirm it was theirs.

Whilst I imagine it was generally innocuous in terms of using your membership and booking history to buy for family or friends, it meant many who wanted to attend themselves were unable to do so.

It's not always predictable you're sure to go when you buy a ticket. Had a mate who was called in for an operation at short notice and too late to send them back. He asked me to pass the tickets on at the price he paid but make sure they went to someone I trusted, which I did. These tickets would be wasted if it happens this season.
That would be a exceptional circumstance but the number of people advertising their ticket who just happened to realise they were working, at a wedding, at a christening got an exam that day etc, etc.

Last night I listened to Ian Cheeseman’s latest blog and the 18-25 Rep from CM was speaking and he said that the 5% for the 18-25 came from the whole allocation. He also said that the random pick up at the away ground applied to everyone, corporates as well as ordinary supporters.

It was a very interesting discussion &, as he said, why don’t people contact the CM reps and ‘talk’ to them instead of just accusing them and even threatening them on social media.

A good listen.

Are any of the following wrong?
1. Having the required number of points for an away game, knowing you can’t go but purchasing a ticket for a mate who can go but doesn’t have the points
2. Having the required number of points, purchasing a ticket and then three days before the game, work tells you how sorry they are but the rota has changed and you have to work meaning you can’t attend the game. You then either sell the ticket for face value to a mate or via this site
3. Having the points, have no intention of going to the game and then selling it on for profit
4. Not having the points but asking your branch or a contact at the club if they can sort you a ticket
5. Not even being a fan of City but you fancy attending a game you purchase a ticket via a third party website or you ask a corporate friend to get a ticket not caring where you sit but accepting it will be in the away end

Last night I listened to Ian Cheeseman’s latest blog and the 18-25 Rep from CM was speaking and he said that the 5% for the 18-25 came from the whole allocation. He also said that the random pick up at the away ground applied to everyone, corporates as well as ordinary supporters.

It was a very interesting discussion &, as he said, why don’t people contact the CM reps and ‘talk’ to them instead of just accusing them and even threatening them on social media.

A good listen.
I haven’t listened to it yet but I will do later but my thoughts on what he has said are
If this is the case then why didn’t the club put this up on the website when changes to away ticket distribution was announced or at least publish the minutes from the meeting which it was agreed at ? Though we do know that the minutes aren’t what they should be as that’s why Mark (disabled rep) stood down.
As for contacting the reps I’ve asked questions to which I’ve had no reply and as far as I’m aware haven’t been asked either, so I see little point in doing so again .

Last edited:
If this is the case then why didn’t the club put this up on the website when changes to away ticket distribution was announced or at least publish the minutes from the meeting which it was agreed at ? Though we do know that the minutes aren’t what they should be as that’s why Mark (disabled rep) stood down.

I'd like to see that too, not someone just saying it, but there in black and white.

As you say though even that could be bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.