Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder if you are going to wait for the dust to settle, and if the price is tolerable, you will step in.

I just wonder if you are going to wait for the dust to settle, and if the price is tolerable, you will step in.

No way will we pay £80m, and rightly so. Just don’t understand why we were after him in the first place assuming reports are true.

Leicester fans rate him but most consider Evans to have had the better season.

Now Evans gets a hard time on here due to his past and is probably a better defender then we like to admit. However, he is certainly not a name that comes to mind if you where asked to name the best CB in the world or Premier League. So for him to be considered to have had the better season of the 2 does not lend itself to this amount of money.

I’m interested to know what the wages would be for him. As he seems like his wages should be around 120-140. However, as the worlds most expensive defender surely his agent should be asking for more
Do you know “most Leicester fans”?

We don't usually go beyond our valuation, I assume we don't think Maguire is good value at 80m.

I agree with that but reports keep saying we have to offload before we can buy Maguire - who Pep seems to want.

Suppose can’t believe much of what is written

Manchester City may have a reputation for transfer spending, but although we have spent more than most clubs since the takeover, it's usually done in a controlled way. What I mean by that is that City have a valuation for a player, and generally stick to it.

If you analyse Manchester City's spending, it's massive but not reckless. If City spend huge sums on players, it's normally for players like Aguero, Sane, de Bruyne, Bernardo Silva etc who two years later are worth twice what we paid.

With respect to Maguire, the fee that's being quoted is way above his market value, and I doubt Manchester City will meet it. He's a good player, and would probably add to our squad, but he isn't the world's best defender. For example if CIty were playing Leicester next weekend, I'd be looking to get Sterling one on one with Maguire, i.e. he has weaknesses. When Kompany came to City, he was the perfect defender. so really is Van Dijk. Maguire is not in that league, so City are unlikely to break the bank to sign him.

Can't say for certain. I never thought we were in for him in the first place, yet it seemed we did seem to have some interest, so my opinion maybe nonsense.

Ideally I'd be looking to develop Hardwood-Bellis and Garcia and Sandlder for the role, and if I had doubts as to whether they were ready, I'd be trying to find a Demichelis type defender. An experienced reliable central defender who would cover for 1-2 seasons.

Manchester City may have a reputation for transfer spending, but although we have spent more than most clubs since the takeover, it's usually done in a controlled way. What I mean by that is that City have a valuation for a player, and generally stick to it.

If you analyse Manchester City's spending, it's massive but not reckless. If City spend huge sums on players, it's normally for players like Aguero, Sane, de Bruyne, Bernardo Silva etc who two years later are worth twice what we paid.

With respect to Maguire, the fee that's being quoted is way above his market value, and I doubt Manchester City will meet it. He's a good player, and would probably add to our squad, but he isn't the world's best defender. For example if CIty were playing Leicester next weekend, I'd be looking to get Sterling one on one with Maguire, i.e. he has weaknesses. When Kompany came to City, he was the perfect defender. so really is Van Dijk. Maguire is not in that league, so City are unlikely to break the bank to sign him.

Can't say for certain. I never thought we were in for him in the first place, yet it seemed we did seem to have some interest, so my opinion maybe nonsense.

Completely agree that the quoted fee is above market value (Whatever that means these days), but there are more things involved than just his intrinsic value as a player (Taken in isolation of other factors). To Leicester, the fee represents not just his value as a player, but what the loss of such this specific player means to the club,

Watching him in the friendlies, Evans is a better defender, but, and this is critical, he offers something none of our other defenders do. Namely, he steps out of defence, carrying the ball into midfield (and beyond), and makes excellent passing choices once there.

He would be nigh on impossible for the club to replace with received funds, partly due to Hull's sell on fee, and partly because such CB's are not so available to Leicester. You may well have such players already, but Leicester do not! If any suggests Dunk, give your head a wobble!

He's worth the fee to the scum as he'll improve them. He isn't to us as he won't improve us but would just be another body in the squad.
I think he would improve us, because Kompany has left us a year earlier than expected, but if it was my money, I'd have stopped short at £60m. I don't think it's a good idea to buy players with short term problems - lack of experience for our 4th choice young defenders - unless they are out of this world.

If we buy Maguire for £80m, we probably say goodbye to the best young players at the club. Unlikely to happen.

Completely agree that the quoted fee is above market value (Whatever that means these days), but there are more things involved than just his intrinsic value as a player (Taken in isolation of other factors). To Leicester, the fee represents not just his value as a player, but what the loss of such this specific player means to the club,

Watching him in the friendlies, Evans is a better defender, but, and this is critical, he offers something none of our other defenders do. Namely, he steps out of defence, carrying the ball into midfield (and beyond), and makes excellent passing choices once there.

He would be nigh on impossible for the club to replace with received funds, partly due to Hull's sell on fee, and partly because such CB's are not so available to Leicester. You may well have such players already, but Leicester do not! If any suggests Dunk, give your head a wobble!
I understand that. From Leicester's point of view, you are trying to build your squad and don't want to sell a key player. Makes sense. At some point though you have to accept that a player's head will get turned, and the fee in the long term makes it worthwhile selling him.

It would be a shame for LCFC if they feel they have to sell Maguire as he will be difficult to replace at short notice,but if uyou did sell him, you could be big players in the transfer mkt for a couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.