Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otamendi is far superior to Maquire. Fernandinho/Garcia are more than good enough to fill Kompany’s minutes.
Misty eyes aside, Kompany was a liability until the last month of the season. Stones needs to step up, be the leader Vinny was at the end of the season. Otamendi would start for every other side in the Prem. He was our best defender just 18 months ago.

Wow - so many incorrect opinions on this post, its hard to know where to start !
Otta as much as I love him and he has been fantastic for us in the past,(remember 18 months is a long time in Football - at his age and also considering the miles he has) is not 'far superior' to McGuire. He also would not start for 'every other side in the Prem' !!
VK was never a 'liability'
Ferdi may cover well for the older Vinny, never ever the all conquering Vinny!
Garcia is miles away from even being spoken about in the same breath as VK at the moment!
However, I will agree with you that Stonesy needs to prove himself now, but I really don't see him as a natural leader at present...

2h2gho7.jpg

Laporte on the replacement for Kompany:
“It's possible Fernandinho can play there. He is a very good player I think he can play wherever he wants so yeah he can play centre back too.

I don't know if they need to sign someone else. Ask Pep what he wants.

I think the three (himself, Otamendi and Stones) we are putting ourselves forward to play every game but we don't decide the club decides for us.

“I'm here to be a regular starter. So yeah, hopefully it can be the same this year. I'm going to work for that."

I'm with Eric on this one, stick with what we've got for now.

Wow - so many incorrect opinions on this post, its hard to know where to start !
Otta as much as I love him and he has been fantastic for us in the past,(remember 18 months is a long time in Football - at his age and also considering the miles he has) is not 'far superior' to McGuire. He also would not start for 'every other side in the Prem' !!
Garcia is miles away from even being spoken about in the same breath as VK at the moment!
However, I will agree with you that Stonesy needs to prove himself now, but I really don't see him as a natural leader at present...

Quot homines, tot sententiae* (as the Roman comic playwright Terence would have answered).

* ‘There are as many opinions as there are men.’ And women, of course!

Name a team in the Prem Otamendi would not start for? He’s better than Matip who played near enough every game for Liverpool, he’d captain United & Arsenal. He’s better than Luiz. He’s on a par with anything Spurs have.

He’s better on the ball, better front foot defender, better anticipation & reading of the game than Maguire. If you want to watch Maguire clear limitations, watch us beat Leicester 5-1 in the centurions league winning season. The lad had no idea where Aguero is all game.

I love Kompany as much as the next man, but he often looked a liability on the ball early in the season and vast parts of the season before. He was however excellent for the run in, but many forget, Stones was exceptional in the early months.

Otamendi was very good when called upon. He just wasn’t given opportunity to regain his consistency. I’d have no worries about him once he was in the groove.

Kompany will be a big loss, no doubting that, but I personally don’t see Maquire getting close to filling that void and happy if we let him cause more havoc at the rags.

Name a team in the Prem Otamendi would not start for? He’s better than Matip who played near enough every game for Liverpool, he’d captain United & Arsenal. He’s better than Luiz. He’s on a par with anything Spurs have.

He’s better on the ball, better front foot defender, better anticipation & reading of the game than Maguire. If you want to watch Maguire clear limitations, watch us beat Leicester 5-1 in the centurions league winning season. The lad had no idea where Aguero is all game.

I love Kompany as much as the next man, but he often looked a liability on the ball early in the season and vast parts of the season before. He was however excellent for the run in, but many forget, Stones was exceptional in the early months.

Otamendi was very good when called upon. He just wasn’t given opportunity to regain his consistency. I’d have no worries about him once he was in the groove.

Kompany will be a big loss, no doubting that, but I personally don’t see Maquire getting close to filling that void and happy if we let him cause more havoc at the rags.

This
It's don't know what some city Fans want

Massive fan of the Otta. Would grace any Prem team.

He's been an absolute colossus for us. Does have the very occasional brain-fart, but he's only human. Very rare for his mistakes to cost us points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.