A Boss Who's a Bully

If you're being targeted specifically, note it all down/keep a record and just wait for the right time.

With that said, I believe a lot of HR departments work to protect the company rather than the individual.

It’s why they are called Business Partners...

But seriously, bullies can cost the employer a lot in time off for stress, or tribunal claims, or pay-offs or compromise agreements. So protecting the bully may not be protecting the business. A good HR person will take it very seriously in this day and age. Whether the OP has such a person in his/her company, I don’t know.

Find another job, nothing worse than being utterly miserable at work all the time, impacts far too much on your life away from the job as well.

She will never change and as others have said there’s really only one winner if you stick it out there and try and take her on.

Anyone had this problem and got any advice?

My current boss is your old school, authoritarian type who is always right and discourages any different perspectives.

She's also completely unapproachable and has no time for any questions, treating people with contempt if they're unsure of something. She regularly speaks to people like shit and creates an awkward atmosphere for everyone in an open plan office.

Her favourite thing is pulling individual people into a meeting room to tell them off like they're a child.

The worst part is she ruins what should be a great job and place to work. Not sure I can't hack it for much longer and she's got away with it for years, way before I started.
I’ve never hit anyone in my life but I had to leave my last employed job before I twatted my female boss. She was the worst Manager I’d ever had, a true **** of the highest order. I wrote a scathing email to the HR Manager who in comparison was a great lady. I kept in touch with former colleagues and when a very Senior position became available my former boss was surprisingly overlooked. I like to think my criticism of her Managerial style was contributory to her not getting the job, fuck you Helen Scott of SIS Media City, Salford.

Anyone had this problem and got any advice?

My current boss is your old school, authoritarian type who is always right and discourages any different perspectives.

She's also completely unapproachable and has no time for any questions, treating people with contempt if they're unsure of something. She regularly speaks to people like shit and creates an awkward atmosphere for everyone in an open plan office.

Her favourite thing is pulling individual people into a meeting room to tell them off like they're a child.

The worst part is she ruins what should be a great job and place to work. Not sure I can't hack it for much longer and she's got away with it for years, way before I started.

Do you know where she lives?
Woman bosses sometimes need to be taken down a peg or two; or perhaps you'll end up getting pegged, either way good luck

What line of work are you in - can you approach a competitor and see if they have any vacanices, that is assuming you enjoy what you are doing. I would be noting down all issues, times, dates, what was said etc and then approach the HR department or seek some independent legal advice

Check if your company has a policy covering bullying. Most do. Read it carefully and understand it.
Then confront her poor behaviour. Call her out in a non agressive way in front of witnesses. Complain about her behaviour to HR and invoke the companies policy. Make it clear you will not put up with any further poor behaviour to her and HR. That should be enough to get her to change. If she continues to behave badly, it should lead to her dismissal.
If HR won’t engage, your company does not support you, then look for another job. Life is too short for you to be bent out of shape with someone who clearly has behavioural problems.

I’ve never hit anyone in my life but I had to leave my last employed job before I twatted my female boss. She was the worst Manager I’d ever had, a true **** of the highest order. I wrote a scathing email to the HR Manager who in comparison was a great lady. I kept in touch with former colleagues and when a very Senior position became available my former boss was surprisingly overlooked. I like to think my criticism of her Managerial style was contributory to her not getting the job, fuck you Helen Scott of SIS Media City, Salford.

Careful now....hundreds of thousands, as the saying on here goes....

That's why people are suggesting to get other workmates onside, far easier to sack a manager than lose their department. See every football club going.
Footballers are worth millions of pounds. Office workers are ten a penny and if they lose half a department they'll muddle through it. And there's not a chance everyone will hand their notices in if they haven't another job to go to when they're providing for their families

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.