Away tickets

What about the days they sold them and we were away?

Loved queuing up all night with Leve blues.

Was thinking that myself. Queuing up at around 3.30am for Macc tickets the day we played Notts County away. And then, a couple of weeks later when we played Macc away we were in the early morning queue for Northampton tickets.

Wigan away in the play-off semi at Springfield Park was a good one too. No game to go to on the day they sold those tickets. I think it was a Tuesday or a Wednesday they were put on sale but for some weird reason they didn’t start selling them until 5pm I think. So that was a day off work with as many branch members as we could muster - as in those days it was a maximum of 2 tickets per person so 1 person alone couldn’t go down and do the honours - queuing all day.

Last edited:
So aways then. Do you go?

As I posted above, I go to occasional aways. If what you are asking is if I would benefit in a change of system away from points, then the answer is no. I manage to get to the aways that I want to and wouldn't go to more regardless. If I wanted to go to the bigger away games, then I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I could get tickets.

I would just prefer to see a fairer system in place.

Was thinking that myself. Queuing up at around 3.30am for Macc tickets the day we played Notts County away. And then, a couple of weeks later when we played Macc away we were in the early morning queue for Northampton tickets.

Wigan away in the play-off semi at Springfield Park was a good one too. No game to go to on the day they sold those tickets. I think it was a Tuesday or a Wednesday they were out on sale but for some weird reason they didn’t start selling them until 5pm I think. So that was a day off work with as many branch members as we could muster - as in those days it was a maximum of 2 tickets per person so 1 person alone couldn’t go down and do the honours - queuing all day.

Seem to remember it was Wrexham at home the day we queued for Macc tickets the day after I queued again at Macc for some more !!

Yeah the guy did not know how much it cost and thought it was 10 points for an away.

It does not address the 3k rise in starting ticket points, rather then pretending it is 5% from across the board. IF the 5% wasn't from the loyalty point pot, why do they return there after the first day?

Shakhtar away the guy goes on about people buying tickets for points and half not turning up, but it was clary stated:

Supporters are advised, for this fixture, ticket points will be allocated to the supporter file within 5-7 days after the fixture following confirmation of stadium entry.

https://www.mancity.com/news/ticket...018/september/shakhtar-v-man-city-ticket-info

Therefore I seriously doubt the accusation that people bought for points without going, especially if they told they were not getting any points. It seems like anti-away regular propaganda, I am surprised it was repeated rather than questioned

The scare mongering about one fan selling away tickets on the "official website viagogo" and never goes home games is made up too. No official site for selling away tickets, so more anti away fan propaganda.

They also said it could be anyone from any ticket source, I seriously doubt sponsors paying £40m will accept that, it is daft to claim it.

They also got it wrong about not getting point from the Maine Road era. Amazing all these die-hard fans who just stopped before the system came in. The guy who only carried 1500 over must not have been to any home cup games either.

Loyalty Points were not introduced to encourage away attendance as suggested either, it was because demand was too high and to give a merit based system rather than having to queue up with 30 stubs or just the first in line which the stubs then tracking replaced.

Great post.

got 17970 points so missed a west ham ticket yesterday by 30 points, just rung up the ticket office this morning expecting to be eligible for one only to be told they've not dropped the points criteria below 18000 today and the ticket office doesn't know if they will or not.

As I posted above, I go to occasional aways. If what you are asking is if I would benefit in a change of system away from points, then the answer is no. I manage to get to the aways that I want to and wouldn't go to more regardless. If I wanted to go to the bigger away games, then I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I could get tickets.

I would just prefer to see a fairer system in place.
So your idea of a ballot for all tickets is fair? Ok so you haven't needed to put the miles in, corporate or SC maybe but many people have. Time effort and money just washed aside cos the likes of you think its unfair. Irony at its best.

got 17970 points so missed a west ham ticket yesterday by 30 points, just rung up the ticket office this morning expecting to be eligible for one only to be told they've not dropped the points criteria below 18000 today and the ticket office doesn't know if they will or not.
It's 17500 now and 17000 after 12 go on ticket news or log into your account and you should be eligible to buy

Last edited:
Let's be honest for all the changes, any awkward unattractive fixtures it will still be the same faces, they are the ones who make those extra sacrifices, the afternoon off the work, the overnight stay, the loss of a days wage, the overpriced train, the 3 am getting home and up for work, that's why they have the loyalty points and why they deserve respect not undermining because now the team is good and some clueless rep wants to shift the goalposts to suit his agenda. The utd and Liverpool aways are reward for going to Swansea on a Tuesday night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.