Away tickets

Away season tickets for 40% die hard going fans with photo on it, 40% balot tickets for the fair weather 2/3 times a season, 20% corporate

So your idea of a ballot for all tickets is fair? Ok so you haven't needed to put the miles in, corporate or SC maybe but many people have. Time effort and money just washed aside cos the likes of you think its unfair. Irony at its best.

I have put plenty of miles time in thanks but I didn't regard it as putting the hard miles in/making sacrifices etc that I keep reading about on here. Nor did I do it to chase points. I did it because I enjoyed it. Some make it sound more like a chore than enjoyment.

Lots of people don't have the time, money or points to be able to go to every away game. Therefore they will never get the points required to be able to attend some of the more 'desirable' fixtures. It's very much a rich getting richer (with points instead of pounds) system. You can choose to go to half the away games that you qualify for and yet still earn more points over a season than someone who goes to every game that his points allow him to. It just gives many no hope.

I'd prefer a system whereby there was a ballot that, for example, 75% of tickets went to supporters with a purchase history of 5 (or however many) years, 25% for those between 1 and 4 years or something like that. It would give everyone some hope of being able to get a ticket. If not this year, then next or the year after.

I don't believe that because you were able to attend aways when the points system came in, it should make you any more entitled to a ticket than someone who did aways for years before the system came in (see OB1's post), or somebody who hasn't had the chance to build up points for whatever reason. Nor do I believe that because you have been in a position to be able to go to every away for 20 years, it makes you more deserving of tickets in the future.

Last edited:
I have put plenty of miles time in thanks but I didn't regard it as putting the hard miles in/making sacrifices etc that I keep reading about on here. Nor did I do it to chase points. I did it because I enjoyed it. Some make it sound more like a chore than enjoyment.

Lots of people don't have the time, money or points to be able to go to every away game. Therefore they will never get the points required to be able to attend some of the more 'desirable' fixtures. It's very much a rich getting richer (with points instead of pounds) system. You can choose to go to half the away games that you qualify for and yet still earn more points over a season than someone who goes to every game that his points allow him to. It just gives many no hope.

I'd prefer a system whereby there was a ballot that, for example, 75% of tickets went to supporters with a purchase history of 5 (or however many) years, 255 for those between 1 and 4 years or something like that. It would give everyone some hope of being able to get a ticket. If not this year, then next or the year after.

I don't believe that because you were able to attend aways when the points system came in, it should make you any more entitled to a ticket than someone who did aways for years before the system came in (see OB1's post), or somebody who hasn't had the chance to build up points for whatever reason. Nor do I believe that because you have been in a position to be able to go to every away for 20 years, it makes you more deserving of tickets in the future.

And lots of people think the points system is broken because they've not even thought about going to an away game all season and when the criteria comes out for Old Trafford they're baffled that it's increased by another 2,000.

Has West Ham sold out now? I've just been on the official site and everything's greyed out and it looks like I can't buy a ticket.

And lots of people think the points system is broken because they've not even thought about going to an away game all season and when the criteria comes out for Old Trafford they're baffled that it's increased by another 2,000.

Just out of interest, Do you know how many points a person can earn from a season with a platinum season card and doing every away in the league?

Seem to remember it was Wrexham at home the day we queued for Macc tickets the day after I queued again at Macc for some more !!

My memory is usually very good but you might well be right with that as I'm sure I remember queuing for tickets on the morning we played Wrexham at home as well, so could've been Macc tickets. Notts County away was the following week so that might've been for the Northampton tickets. I wonder what we were queuing for on the morning of the Macc game then - could've been Wigan away I suppose as that was played in the October but that was 5 weeks away so I'd be surprised if they put them on sale that early.

19 games x 40 points = 760
And then there’s the 380 points for renewing and 200 for each of the 3 cup schemes which is 980. There’s 3 CL aways guaranteed plus we’d expect another 2 so that’s another 200, plus let’s say 5 away games in the domestic cups so that’s another 200.

So someone who did every away on the above assumption would earn 2140 points over the season.

Edit: Of course that was under the old system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.