Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have signed VVD and blown Liverpool out of the water when we had the chance.

VVD alongside Kompany or Laporte.

We would have walked the PL and won the CL last season.

I remember a video on the OS showing Txiki laughing at VVD’s transfer fee to Liverpool.

In hindsight it was peanuts. Liverpool winning the CL last season has already paid that transfer fee back in prize money, shirt sales, and World wide exposure for Liverpool and VVD.

If we Had signed VD, we wouldn't have signed Laporte. Other than that, valid points.

I agree VVD is better at the moment, but not sure we ‘should have signed him’...I reckon if we could we would but as others have said he was dipper bound whatever we offered. We didn’t do too bad without him did we.

He was always destined for them... he was indoctrinated at an early age into the cult

Reading of the game, winning duels, recovery tackles, leading the backline.

Laporte is an elite ball playing centre half, but he is not nearly as good as VVD in those areas as of now. No argument we should have signed him, ended up paying £60m odd anyway for Laporte so should've paid the world record fee and got it done.

It's all good tho, just hope whoever is next is not named Maguire.
Just remind me, which of the two has a premiership winners medal?

Laporte is an elite ball playing centre half, but he is not nearly as good as VVD in those areas as of now. No argument we should have signed him, ended up paying £60m odd anyway for Laporte so should've paid the world record fee and got it done.

Ok, thanks for replying.

I prefer Laporte, particularly for his passing ability.

Reactions: CC1

Prefer Laporte. There has been a huge wave of support & media love-in for VVD simply because he plays for the dippers. Had he been signed by us the critics would have been out in force pointing out his weaknesses in view of his price tag.

It won’t last. I think VVD & co only let in 1 fewer goals than our defence.

Laporte has quietly got on with learning his trade.

Liverpool fans are not asking why they didn’t sign Laporte.

They got a great player in Van Dijk up there with a prime Kompany for me. Would have been great here.

However, we have done very well and things could have been different both good and bad if we had signed him.

Maguire I would like City to sign, I think he is a good player. I don’t see him having a Van Dijk effect but I do think he would establish himself whichever team he joins and after a season the fee would be forgotten.

Do you think so? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.