Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn’t fit the profile of players we buy. He isn’t young, and he would upset the apple cart. And, that’s without even discussing wages or a fee.

Not going to happen. No more McPointies at City.

lol why does this thread even exist. Literally no chance we sign him or even register our interest

lol why does this thread even exist. Literally no chance we sign him or even register our interest

it started with a total hypothetical, a somewhat extreme one. Of Course it isn't quite plausible! Of course he is not the profile of player. But then, is it any less of a relevant discussion than any of the speculative threads on here? Starting with, the mbappe thread! And Bonucci, Isco etc etc. And what we perceive Sane to want?

I don't think myself it is remotely likely, or even needed, but it's also not a total worthless hypothetical, or thread to read through. And the suggestions are mostly of a short term, cheap, loan deal, the kind we've always had to cough up in the past and other clubs have benefited from, so you know what, i enjoy seeing another big club suffer it as well, and I hope he Does end up at a rival for peanuts with Real paying the bulk of his wage. Rather than a dodgy move to China.

A ‘very limited player’?

Stop watching football right now mate it’s not for you.
Well mate, you clearly misunderstood the meaning of 'very limited player'. Arjen Robben was a very limited player in terms of his skill-set (no right foot, always same move cutting inside onto his left, couldn't play in between the lines etc.) but still he was quite decent even with all the limitations in his game. Bale is also quite decent but possesses a lot of limitations as well, he's an explosive winger/left-forward who is more suited for a counter-attacking side. If you think that he's world class because he scored a few screamers then I can only laugh. His overall contribution is often very minimal, he can have one world class moment but then he becomes anonymous. Maybe that's why Pep prefers inverted wingers who can play in tight spaces and they don't need so much space to run into because they have close ball technique to retain the ball in tight areas like Raheem and Bernardo.

Well mate, you clearly misunderstood the meaning of 'very limited player'. Arjen Robben was a very limited player in terms of his skill-set (no right foot, always same move cutting inside onto his left, couldn't play in between the lines etc.) but still he was quite decent even with all the limitations in his game. Bale is also quite decent but possesses a lot of limitations as well, he's an explosive winger/left-forward who is more suited for a counter-attacking side. If you think that he's world class because he scored a few screamers then I can only laugh. His overall contribution is often very minimal, he can have one world class moment but then he becomes anonymous. Maybe that's why Pep prefers inverted wingers who can play in tight spaces and they don't need so much space to run into because they have close ball technique to retain the ball in tight areas like Raheem and Bernardo.

A "very Limited Player" yet he's won champions leagues, League titles etc for arguably the biggest club in the world. They also broke the world transfer record for this limited player and pay him half a mill a week for his limited services.

Its a bit like saying Romario was limited because all he did was put the ball in the net.

Maicon is traumatised by this post.

A "very Limited Player" yet he's won champions leagues, League titles etc for arguably the biggest club in the world. They also broke the world transfer record for this limited player and pay him half a mill a week for his limited services.

Its a bit like saying Romario was limited because all he did was put the ball in the net.
To be fair the same could have been said about McPointy.
For me Bales best days behind him especially with injury records. I’m not sure anyone will pay top dollar other than the chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.