Away tickets

Or are you scared that the club might class this as a collection match and you or your members might have to produce some forms of ID .

Hahahahahahahaha.

Whoooooooosh! So members allocated tickets would show ID confirming they have been allocated the tickets. Simples.

Btw I’m pretty sure the deadline for requesting Bournemouth tickets from the OSC was before the City Matters changes. Also, I don’t agree with checks that would disrupt people’s weekends.

Last edited:
Hardly, there's about 30 tickets left and it's not much lower than it sold out at last year. Arsenal on the opening day last season went down to a similar lower than expected level. It's a 12.30ko and quite a few are still on holiday etc. Could easily be that the take up from corporate is lower too so more returned to the general sale. Think we need to see a few more games before jumping to any conclusions.

I'll add to that - no one has had positive things to say about West Ham's new ground (not been yet) and wouldn't be surprised if people swerved it with Bournemouth away and Champions League draw on the horizon...

I'll add to that - no one has had positive things to say about West Ham's new ground (not been yet) and wouldn't be surprised if people swerved it with Bournemouth away and Champions League draw on the horizon...
The lower tier is passable, the upper tier is further away than Upton Park!

There are no pubs within half an hour’s walk that will allow away fans in.
You might get in the Westfield Centre for a drink but security is everywhere.

The walk back after the game is about twice as long getting there, it seems a walk through the Olympic park is part of the away ticket.

That is not possible now though, is it? There are no points for away games any more. By the time somebody starting from scratch gets to 20,000 points, those that are on 20,000 now will be on 40,000. You could take 10 years off from watching City and still have more points than them. So what you were able to achieve is not really realistic any more.

When you started, the gap between the top and bottom was much smaller and so it was still possible to rack up enough points from unfashionable games, over a relatively short period of time, to qualify for tickets for the more prestigious fixtures. That is no longer the case really.

I didn't change the system,
.I'm not going to carry on doing this, you'll never run out of excuses. Goodbye

The lower tier is passable, the upper tier is further away than Upton Park!

There are no pubs within half an hour’s walk that will allow away fans in.
You might get in the Westfield Centre for a drink but security is everywhere.

The walk back after the game is about twice as long getting there, it seems a walk through the Olympic park is part of the away ticket.

We park in the Westfield car park (remarkably for London it's reasonable, about £8 IIRC) and after the game we wait about 5 mins until they open the gate to the left and it knocks about half a mile off the walk back to Westfield and the tube stations.....

One thing we never seem to hear is the club pushing the opposing club into giving us more tickets. So many clubs have built new grounds or had extensive extensions and yet they never increase the away allocation. Bournemouth have had 4 or 5 years at the top table now, so the FA should be putting pressure on them to extend the away end or allocate more tickets as they must've had a fair few million out of the PL.

We park in the Westfield car park (remarkably for London it's reasonable, about £8 IIRC) and after the game we wait about 5 mins until they open the gate to the left and it knocks about half a mile off the walk back to Westfield and the tube stations.....
I shall see if we can do that in a fortnight’s time

If they evolve for one group they should evolve for all groups.
Things have also changed for the supporters club over that period too
That's all people are asking for, fairness across the system

I agree. The current system looked OK when first introduced but it has created a kind of monopolistic situation, which I'm sure was never intended. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

No system will suit everyone but the possibility to have a far more sophisticated and, ultimately, equitable system certainly exists.

I agree. The current system looked OK when first introduced but it has created a kind of monopolistic situation, which I'm sure was never intended. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

No system will suit everyone but the possibility to have a far more sophisticated and, ultimately, equitable system certainly exists.

I agree OB1 but I can see some people at the Club using tensions between groups of fans over City Matters as a Trojan Horse to expand the corporate allocation.

The system that existed until the end of last season was not a monopoly, people rose and fell in the hierarchy depending on the effort they put in.

It was truly meritocratic and the people at the top deserved to be there; that's equitable.

In hindsight it was a wonderful thing, and as we're all stuck in the same position now, it will continue to be so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.