Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have signed VVD and blown Liverpool out of the water when we had the chance.

VVD alongside Kompany or Laporte.

We would have walked the PL and won the CL last season.

I remember a video on the OS showing Txiki laughing at VVD’s transfer fee to Liverpool.

In hindsight it was peanuts. Liverpool winning the CL last season has already paid that transfer fee back in prize money, shirt sales, and World wide exposure for Liverpool and VVD.

Totally agree
Whilst we work well in the transfer market I do think we need to make occasional exceptions to our parameters.
We have got this one totally wrong in my eyes.
Maguire is a outstanding player who we will regret not signing. Very dissapointing.

Totally agree
Whilst we work well in the transfer market I do think we need to make occasional exceptions to our parameters.
Maguire is a outstanding player who we will regret not signing. Very dissapointing.
When exactly did we "have the chance" as IIRC, he only wanted to go to the dippers

Totally agree

If City do not move for Maguire, it will be because the judgement of the managerial team is that he is not worth the asking price, or not suitable for the needs of the team.

I suspect the opinions of supporters comes well down in their considerations.

I feel your pain. I, for one, am quite happy with Laporte over VVD thank you.

Lol my pain?
Anyway, glad you're happy with Laporte. Just wanted to point out that that piece of reasoning wasn't correct.

Lol my pain?
Anyway, glad you're happy with Laporte. Just wanted to point out that that piece of reasoning wasn't correct.
Anyway, glad you're happy with Laporte. Just wanted to point out that that piece of reasoning wasn't correct IMO.[/QUOTE]
Edited for accuracy, seemed to have touched a nerve here.

Anyway, glad you're happy with Laporte. Just wanted to point out that that piece of reasoning wasn't correct IMO.
Edited for accuracy, seemed to have touched a nerve here.

Sure, it's just my opinion. As catalyst said, I don't believe the quality of a single player can be judged solely by the trophies won by the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.