Away tickets

Hardly, there's about 30 tickets left and it's not much lower than it sold out at last year. Arsenal on the opening day last season went down to a similar lower than expected level. It's a 12.30ko and quite a few are still on holiday etc. Could easily be that the take up from corporate is lower too so more returned to the general sale. Think we need to see a few more games before jumping to any conclusions.
However everyone’s points have gone up since last year so it’s dropped hasn’t it?

It’s dropped a bit, but it’s a different ko time and different time of year. Also there maybe more tickets from corporate returned this year as well meaning more available to the general group

As you say, lots of variables, we need to see how this plays out over a few months, before forming any conclusions.

The lower tier is passable, the upper tier is further away than Upton Park!

There are no pubs within half an hour’s walk that will allow away fans in.
You might get in the Westfield Centre for a drink but security is everywhere.

The walk back after the game is about twice as long getting there, it seems a walk through the Olympic park is part of the away ticket.

I did the Friday night FA Cup game back in 2017 and was in the upper tier. I thought it was actually alright and it was quite easy to get an atmosphere going. The walk back to Westfield afterwards was a fucking ballache though with all those Stop and Go signs at various junctions. I was actually staying at the Premier inn at Westfield that night so luckily didn't have to rush back to Stratford station.

This time round I'm booked on the 4.10pm train out of Euston which I thought would give me ample time but reading that on top of the long winding walk back, the queues when you get to Stratford are horrendous. Someone on here mentioned Hackney Wick station as an alternative ages ago, which would involve walking in the opposite direction, and apparently isn't as bad. From there it's the overground to Highbury & Islington and a short tube journey back to Euston. Has anyone tried this route and what's it like? Could be one for our resident West Ham fan @BlueHammer85 to answer. Aside from that, the nearest station to the stadium is actually Pudding Mill Lane DLR station and looks very handily placed near the away end. That could be an alternative option but I'm guessing it may get very busy with the locals, given it's proximity to the ground.

I did the Friday night FA Cup game back in 2017 and was in the upper tier. I thought it was actually alright and it was quite easy to get an atmosphere going. The walk back to Westfield afterwards was a fucking ballache though with all those Stop and Go signs at various junctions. I was actually staying at the Premier inn at Westfield that night so luckily didn't have to rush back to Stratford station.

This time round I'm booked on the 4.10pm train out of Euston which I thought would give me ample time but reading that on top of the long winding walk back, the queues when you get to Stratford are horrendous. Someone on here mentioned Hackney Wick station as an alternative ages ago, which would involve walking in the opposite direction, and apparently isn't as bad. From there it's the overground to Highbury & Islington and a short tube journey back to Euston. Has anyone tried this route and what's it like? Could be one for our resident West Ham fan @BlueHammer85 to answer. Aside from that, the nearest station to the stadium is actually Pudding Mill Lane DLR station and looks very handily placed near the away end. That could be an alternative option but I'm guessing it may get very busy with the locals, given it's proximity to the ground.
Last season we went to Hackney Wick and was a piece of cake

The Hackney Wick route is great. Done it twice and got back to Euston in about 25 to 30 minutes including a change at Highbury. The ticket covers overground and undergound and the station is close to the away end. Just come out turn right and follow the canal. Just 10 minutes to the station from the City section. Some great pubs on the canal as well including a Czech beer hall near the station. You can see the route easily on Google Earth.

I’ve done the Hackney Wick route a few times and it’s spot on.

We’ve got an extra half hour on you, we are on the 16:40, had to check as you had me worried

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.