The Lake District ... stunning !!

Son & his lady are up at Kendal Calling this weekend so if in the Lakes expect the weather to break into a monsoon.

Can anyone recommend a good pub for your tea near J36 of the M6 going either toward Kendal or the other way, towards Kirkby Lonsdale? I’m staying at The Plough in Lupton which is lovely but the trip advisor reviews suggest the food has gone to shit.

Can anyone recommend a good pub for your tea near J36 of the M6 going either toward Kendal or the other way, towards Kirkby Lonsdale? I’m staying at The Plough in Lupton which is lovely but the trip advisor reviews suggest the food has gone to shit.
Is it the plough off Crabtree lane? Food is quality!

Well i finally made it to the Lakes, Hawshead to be precise. There's only 4 turns from my house but managed to miss one and ended up close to Barrow. Turned around and headed for Coniston Lake ( i really should get a sat-nav) through some lovely countryside. Eventually saw the one signpost for Hawkshead and rolled into town about 4pm. Parked at first pub we saw, got a pint and asked if they knew where our cottage was and was given the good news that it was 10 metres away. Result.

The village is a dog lovers paradise and my little bastard had a great time growling his way around the pubs (4) and cafes. Beer was a bit steep at £5 a pop but very tasty, as was the grub in the Kings Head. Getting around was easy for my disabled mrs as it's pretty flat.
Went to Esthwaite Lake to see Ospreys and Trout and let the dog have a swim. Very relaxing.
Highlight for me was watching two Eurofighter jets chasing each other right over our heads.
Didn't see one piece of litter or any smack head shoplifters but did meet lots of nice people from around the world.

All in all a civilised little village where time seems to have stood still.

I'm surprised and a little dissapointed that no one is extolling the virtues of the West Cumbria tourist towns of Whitehaven, Workington, and the jewel in the south lakeland crown that's Barrow in furness. Also the magnificent border city of Carlisle. All are steeped in history, and offer the discerning traveller a delightful selection of charity shops, fast food and of course alcohol. Although the heady days of solvent abuse are now sadly gone, there is a thriving artisan narcotics trade.
Cockermouth?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.