Away tickets

Absolutely. The upcoming points system was all we talked about on the football specials in the seventies.

I thought the fans going home and away in the 70s were the older fans who the younger fans feel disadvantahed by. Can't have it both ways. I started in the 70s and am in he same boat, was told well in advance of the change of system, and teh writing was on the wall in 1999 with stubs being counted, I don't expect more points for before 1998 when the system gives credit for in some ways. I do not expect credit for the friendlies that were not counted on the system before around 2007, as that was the rules.

Well into the points system we could't fill out Anfield, and were 1000 short for Goodison, 3k short away at wigan, but the same fans who went in the post violence era were still there.

They are just making up terms and rhetoric to normalise the persecution of the small minority of fans who can get away tickets for every match, making out you have done something wrong get get a lot of points, and that they are fair game to be robbed of their 'privileges' whilst those driving these decisions have a relationship with the club and unearned privileges they want to protect. Wipe out this minority and all the problems will be solved, and plenty are lapping it us as 'fair'.
nail on head.

They are just making up terms and rhetoric to normalise the persecution of the small minority of fans who can get away tickets for every match, making out you have done something wrong get get a lot of points, and that they are fair game to be robbed of their 'privileges' whilst those driving these decisions have a relationship with the club and unearned privileges they want to protect. Wipe out this minority and all the problems will be solved, and plenty are lapping it us as 'fair'.

Post of the thread. Absolutely spot on.

How do you want me to describe it? I don't know what sanctions they are going to impose and they probably will never announce it, it all adds to the 'fear factor'.

Personally it wouldn't work with me but then I am different than most people.

It isn't just football losing it big time, the world is ruled by fear.

Only death scares me

It’s someone who buys the ticket with no
Intention of going (to gain the points).

I'd say that while that's generally correct it's not quite as simple as that, and the definition of a points whore for me would be someone who does what you've described all the time for pretty much every away match. I don't think it's fair to group someone in the points whore category who goes to the vast majority of away games they apply for but every now and then helps a mate out for a game that they themselves are missing. I remember there was outrage on here from certain posters when a hugely in-demand European away game sold out at high points. I think it was Barcelona first time round in 2014. I couldn't afford to go to that one but a lot of my ticketless mates were on it. I let one of them get a ticket on my seasoncard and there were posters saying that anyone helping their mates out was out of order (because of course none of those posters would ever accept a ticket off a mate would they?). Personally, I think anyone refusing to help a mate out in that situation is a bigger c*nt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.