M6 Toll

I use the M6 toll on the odd occasion I go down south and its great but stupidly expensive.
It costs about the same as a gallon of fuel, so not sure why thats stupidly expensive?

Coincidentally.... in my gas guzzler I burn about a gallon of fuel to drive its 27 mile length....

So if I'm doing the 200 mile trip to London for me (at 27mpg) is about 7.5 gallons - so it just becomes 8.5 gallons...

Always use it when driving down South and back up, if i ever miss going on the toll by accident (sometimes on autopilot and just forget to follow the toll) then i always regret it. The only thing that would improve it is if they automated the system so you could just pay online either before or after, having to slow down and then race with other cars to get into lane seems so backwards.

£6-70p one way as I discovered today, robbing bastards.

Get used to it mate its everywhere in states you have to pay tolls. When Uncle Donald comes over and does his deal with Bonehead roads will be one of the many assets that are plundered off on the cheap to satisfy the Donald and his billionaire backers. So be thankful for now you only have to pay on part of the A6 because you will be paying for a lot more once they are owned by US and Chinese speculators.

I use the M6 toll on the odd occasion I go down south and its great but stupidly expensive.

We go to Florida every year and there are loads of toll roads but it never really bothers me because it's often like $1 (~70p).

The turnpike to Miami from Orlando (200 miles+) cost us about $20 (~£16-£18) and you pay by the exit you get on and the exit you get off.
It is even cheaper if you buy a Sunpass window chip thing and it automatically scans your car as you pass. What is $1 in cash is 60c with your Sunpass.

We go to Florida every year and there are loads of toll roads but it never really bothers me because it's often like $1 (~70p).

The turnpike to Miami from Orlando (200 miles+) cost us about $20 (~£16-£18) and you pay by the exit you get on and the exit you get off.

It depends what you mean by cheap and where you are going to. I also holiday in Florida (although not every year) and the ride from Airport to Kissimmee costs about $10. If you are only going to parks then there aren't any tolls. But if you go for a trip for example Kennedy or Miami then you are spending far more in terms of tolls. Granted fuel is cheap as chips over in the states where as we pay through the nose due to duties that are added on by the government. But if the UK was to go down the toll route would they be prepared to slash fuel duty which would go against our commitment to cut gas emissions.

Get used to it mate its everywhere in states you have to pay tolls. When Uncle Donald comes over and does his deal with Bonehead roads will be one of the many assets that are plundered off on the cheap to satisfy the Donald and his billionaire backers. So be thankful for now you only have to pay on part of the A6 because you will be paying for a lot more once they are owned by US and Chinese speculators.
No toll roads anywhere near me

A6 you say?

It is even cheaper if you buy a Sunpass window chip thing and it automatically scans your car as you pass. What is $1 in cash is 60c with your Sunpass.
I have an M6 Toll pass which gives me £0.50 off.. it’s an insignificant discount but the benefit is driving straight through... unless there is some dickhead who has joined the “Tag” lane by accident.. how they can possibly do this I have no idea

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.