Micah Retires, Will Work for City & BBC MoTD

Micah Richards: “Once a blue, always a blue. City has always been my spiritual home and where I enjoyed my best years as a player. Being part of the side that ended the long wait for silverware - in 2011 and 2012 - was very special..."

"It kick-started this new era and the club has never looked back. I feel lucky to have been asked back to help spread the City message and can’t wait to get going. I know it will be fun because City fans are incredible and always have been.”

Put him in the gym in charge of the weights ;-)

There used to be a video of his touches against that lot in the 1-6 game but cannot seem to find it. What a performance. Very few players have that level of drive, especially defenders, and he was wholehearted in every challenge.
Great all-round performance in that game and he was denied a blatant pen when Anderson barged him over.

Good to see him coming back to City, just a shame that injuries effectively wrecked his career after the 11/12 season.

Micah is also a property developer. He’s invested in apartments on the site if the old Meanwood Working Men’s Club in North Leeds.

I used to share the odd pint with his Dad (Lincoln) on the way to away games but I’ve never met Micah. I was playing in the Leeds African Cup of Nations tournament a few years ago (for the UN Team) and Micah was giving out the prizes but I was back in the pub by that time,’having been knocked out in the early rounds.

I'll never forget his post match interview after the FA Cup match against Villa, I was walking away from the ground and my son had rung me (not realising I had gone to the match) and as we were talking he suddenly went.............. Uh,uh Micah Richards just swore on live TV and we both burst out laughing! Great game, great night.

Love young Micah, a true Blue

I'll never forget his post match interview after the FA Cup match against Villa, I was walking away from the ground and my son had rung me (not realising I had gone to the match) and as we were talking he suddenly went.............. Uh,uh Micah Richards just swore on live TV and we both burst out laughing! Great game, great night.

Love young Micah, a true Blue

Similar story. Walking away from Villa Park absolutely buzzing about the last minute equaliser and was getting txts saying Micah has just swore on the BBC haha!
Had bruises all over my shins and ended 3 or 4 rows in front of my seat when that header went in. Great night.

His performance in the derby when Geovanni scored the only goal was incredible.

Yeah, he was brilliant that day, as was Dunnie. And they were both immense in the return game at the swamp later in the season.

It’s great that Micah is coming ‘home'. It will be fantastic to have him back.

Great all-round performance in that game and he was denied a blatant pen when Anderson barged him over.

Good to see him coming back to City, just a shame that injuries effectively wrecked his career after the 11/12 season.

One of those very few players who could have been exceptional playing both at full back and centre half. He was comfortable defending and attacking as a full back and had the strength and speed to defend in the middle too, as witnessed in the way he snuffed out Tevez in the ‘Geovanni game’.

Impossible to prove, I know, but I’ll always hold his involvement in the GB Olympic team as fundamental to his injury. Think he consequently missed a large chunk of pre-season, maybe all of it, and was then being played back into fitness when he broke down. Good luck to the man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.