UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The UEFA lawyers must have warned them about the incredible risks. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce they are delaying any action till after the result of the Pinto case which looks like it will be at least 18 months away given his custody period has just been extended. It seems very likely Pinto will be convicted (he was caught on tape in a sting operation) and that will be UEFA's get-out. Of course that would also leave a cloud over City and may not be enough to appease our enemies in Real Madrid, Liverpool, Bayern, and United.

City will have the cloud anyway. It's not going to be ignored - it'll always be brought up.

As for the G14 leaders, apart from bleating, I'm not sure what they can do.

First of all, it was Sarkozy, the French President. Not a Prime Minister.

Secondly, what about Gueye ? I'm not happy with the purchase but what can i do about it ? He will be a PSG player and i'll support him and hope he will have great season wearing our kit.

I really don't understand your attempts to wind me up. I was a PSG fan during our worst moments when we were close to relegation under our useless US pension fund owners. I can certainly be a fan when we are dominating french football and playing european football. PSG will remain my one and only club with or without Gueye or Neymar or Mbappé or Nasser and the Qatar.
I always read your comments. I feel PSG have entirey flouted the FFP regime, but then again I see FFP as an inherently unfair device and a political tool so if you get away with stuff,well all good.

I like Gueye. Very under-rated player in my opinion. He's like a Fernandinho. Everton will miss him a lot.

First of all, it was Sarkozy, the French President. Not a Prime Minister.

Secondly, what about Gueye ? I'm not happy with the purchase but what can i do about it ? He will be a PSG player and i'll support him and hope he will have great season wearing our kit.

I really don't understand your attempts to wind me up. I was a PSG fan during our worst moments when we were close to relegation under our useless US pension fund owners. I can certainly be a fan when we are dominating french football and playing european football. PSG will remain my one and only club with or without Gueye or Neymar or Mbappé or Nasser and the Qatar.
Very well said Monsieur @Parisian.

I think UEFA must be looking for a way out. They can't really win by taking on City. If they ban us we will take civil action and we'll have a strong case on the flawed process and lack of evidence. We will go after them for worldwide damages to CFG revenues, sponsorships, reputation, the lot.
UEFA could end up paying hundreds of millions and it may open the door to legal challenges from other clubs. It would be a disaster for UEFA. Are they really going to gamble their entire existence on some vaguely-worded illegally hacked emails from an alleged blackmailer? What's in it for them?
I agree but City's first point of appeal would be CAS.
If we lost a CAS appeal then civil action would be difficult particularly as we have signed a legally binding memorandum of understanding that clubs will not challenge UEFA decisions in court.

I always read your comments. I feel PSG have entirey flouted the FFP regime, but then again I see FFP as an inherently unfair device and a political tool so if you get away with stuff,well all good.

I like Gueye. Very under-rated player in my opinion. He's like a Fernandinho. Everton will miss him a lot.
There is no denying PSG owners have not tried to be subtle with the QTA contract at 200 M€ at his inception.

Dunno about Gueye. Feel like he is a bit "old" for a bet. He has not played in teams with such ambition and if he is not an instant success, it is money wasted down the drain. Hope you 'and a lot of english/PL fans are right about him.

QTA contract has ended officialy anyway but L'Equipe (not to be blindly trusted) said that contract will come as a regular contract later on. No more image branding but simple sponsor. Nike with 80 and Accor with 70 are already filling the void of old QTA.

I can't see UEFA announcing anything official until CAS rule on City's appeal re due process, otherwise they risk looking even more stupid than usual.
Don’t forget one of the things that kicked everything off was a leak from inside UEFA’s panel. One that was referenced in our press release and the fact we’re going after their process.
They made a rod for their own back, If they do announce we’re banned then we push that as proof the council leaked information and was never impartial.
City played a blinder

Don’t forget one of the things that kicked everything off was a leak from inside UEFA’s panel. One that was referenced in our press release and the fact we’re going after their process.
They made a rod for their own back, If they do announce we’re banned then we push that as proof the council leaked information and was never impartial.
City played a blinder
Time will tell..

City will have the cloud anyway. It's not going to be ignored - it'll always be brought up.

As for the G14 leaders, apart from bleating, I'm not sure what they can do.

The old G14's ace up the sleeve is their threat to form a breakaway European Super League which would destroy UEFA's pride and joy the Champions League. UEFA really are stuck between a rock and a hard place with the City case.

If we lost a CAS appeal then civil action would be difficult particularly as we have signed a legally binding memorandum of understanding that clubs will not challenge UEFA decisions in court.

This is like contracts of employment that contain a clause forbidding employees from working for a competitor for a period of time usually running into years. I had one in mine but it's totally unenforceable as it contravenes restraint of trade law. Some of my ex-colleagues left for a competitor and others with similar contracts left their employers to work for the company I was at and there was nothing the original employer could do about it. I seriously doubt UEFA's similar restriction would stand up in law.

This is like contracts of employment that contain a clause forbidding employees from working for a competitor for a period of time usually running into years. I had one in mine but it's totally unenforceable as it contravenes restraint of trade law. Some of my ex-colleagues left for a competitor and others with similar contracts left their employers to work for the company I was at and there was nothing the original employer could do about it. I seriously doubt UEFA's similar restriction would stand up in law.
I think what you're saying is that if a UEFA ruling contravened law ( is it Swiss law?) then they could be taken to court, despite the MOU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.