Thiago Almada

Is Velez the one that took us to CAS over Garre?
Not surprised they’re not rolling over

Piecing together bits in the foreign press and other boards, it seems that Velez Sarsfield have to pay a large chunk of any fee in tax (20%?), which is why they are trying to drive an even higher fee, and his manager, Gabriel Heinze (yes that one), has been whispering ‘stay, stay, you are too young to go’ in his ear as well. Meanwhile, Lisbon fans seem to think it is done and that we’re buying him 100%, then selling 50% to them, but they’re not sure at what rate we’ll buy that 50% back in two year’s time. Might have that all wrong. :-)

Last edited:
Your so wrong.

Maradona won a Serie A with a very average side, he won the World Cup with a decent side.

Maradona was magnificent.
He's not wrong.
Maradona was magnificent 30+ years ago but the game, the fitness levels, the pace, etc has changed. The fact is, nobody will ever know if Maradona would standout as being "magnificent" and a better player than Messi if he was playing today.
Personality I don't think he would, but that's just an opinion.

He's not wrong.
Maradona was magnificent 30+ years ago but the game, the fitness levels, the pace, etc has changed. The fact is, nobody will ever know if Maradona would standout as being "magnificent" and a better player than Messi if he was playing today.
Personality I don't think he would, but that's just an opinion.
Maradona would have benefitted from modern fitness training, dietary & tactical regimes than weren't available to him in the 70s, 80s & 90s.

In respect of the best players I've ever seen, it has to be:

1. Maradona
2. Messi

I couldn't see a team turning their nose up at either..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.