Mass brawl on cruise ship over a "clown"

We were on Brittania for a week last month and despite a large number of pesky kids on there (because they had an offer where kids travelled with adults for £1) we saw no issues with drink.. it was our 13th cruise too... we have noticed that they have started to attract people from all walks of life but if you want exclusivity then you need to go upmarket e.g. Seabourn

I concur my good man as Seabourn are truly a splendid carrier along with our favourite line Azamara and both six star and if you wish to remove those kindred spirits from "all walks of life" then you have to simply price the devils out ! My wife and I missed the boat with Seabourne and the only alternative was Cunard so we booked a relaxing trip on the Holy Land Explorer visiting Haifa Ashdod and Jerusalem. The ambience was quite quite exquisite incorporating three black and white evenings. On one such evening before dinner my wife and I sat in the grande hall listening to a fine quartet plying their trade and I remember well it being the theme from Schindler's List and as I raised my glass of Martini I stopped and paused a while to imbibe of the beauty and emotion that resonated throughout the quartets piece that was nothing short of emotionally draining but phenomenal all the same.

Finally we raised of our seats linking arms as we motioned away and with a graceful swagger proceeded to dinner climbing the main staircase content with a hint of melancholy that the musical piece had breathed so deeply within our souls ... when all at once we heard a shriek and yelling in the distance as a lady pronounced that she had never been as embarrassed in all her life and that shoddy waiter man should be stripped of his uniform as he was not befitting a cruise line of Cunard's esteem. Her husband and family were reasoning with her as the piss can continued to wail and shriek then the gentlemen started arguing and pushing each other and her friend kept repeating in her highborn accent "That man..That dreadful man ! and then there was more shoving as all the lounge bar came out to bear witness to this charade and one old Etonian stood on his seat shouting ..Enough Enough Enough I tell you ..Enough ! and in the background more That Man That man ..That dreadful man !

Well the scruffy bastards proper ruined the atmospherics for us both but we still enjoyed our fine dining with our table mates from Germany and Austria who engaged us both in pleasantries. No one mentioned the disturbance throughout the meal as we were far too predisposed with enjoying matters appertaining to etiquette. So basically even the well healed toffs make total cnunts of themselves when out on the lash. I am not sure we would enjoy the P and O lines as there are far too many little Englander's that frequent waving their silly union jack flags in the faces of other foreign vessels at every single port of call and with there presumptuous bombastic grandeur of all that's colonialistic and British. The discerning mix of Europeans for us is the parting shot that defines what a cruise should really encapsulate by enriching educating and refining of the psyche and is more about interaction and ambience than a balanced measure of grandeur...

I only hope our forthcoming Waldorf meet up will be more civilized and maybe Mr Web may consider charging an entrance fee to keep the riff raff at arms length..

Last edited:
I concur my good man as Seabourn are truly a splendid carrier along with our favourite line Azamara and both six star and if you wish to remove those kindred spirits from "all walks of life" then you have to simply price the devils out ! My wife and I missed the boat with Seabourne and the only alternative was Cunard so we booked a relaxing trip on the Holy Land Explorer visiting Haifa Ashdod and Jerusalem. The ambience was quite quite exquisite incorporating three black and white evenings. On one such evening before dinner my wife and I sat in the grande hall listening to a fine quartet plying their trade and I remember well it being the theme from Schindler's List and as I raised my glass of Martini I stopped and paused a while to imbibe of the beauty and emotion that resonated throughout the quartets piece that was nothing short of emotionally draining but phenomenal all the same.

Finally we raised of our seats linking arms as we motioned away and with a graceful swagger proceeded to dinner climbing the main staircase content with a hint of melancholy that the musical piece had breathed so deeply within our souls ... when all at once we heard a shriek and yelling in the distance as a lady pronounced that she had never been as embarrassed in all her life and that shoddy waiter man should be stripped of his uniform as he was not befitting a cruise line of Cunard's esteem. Her husband and family were reasoning with her as the piss can continued to wail and shriek then the gentlemen started arguing and pushing each other and her friend kept repeating in her highborn accent "That man..That dreadful man ! and then there was more shoving as all the lounge bar came out to bear witness to this charade and one old Etonian stood on his seat shouting ..Enough Enough Enough I tell you ..Enough ! and in the background more That Man That man ..That dreadful man !

Well the scruffy bastards proper ruined the atmospherics for us both but we still enjoyed our fine dining with our table mates from Germany and Austria who engaged us both in pleasantries. No one mentioned the disturbance throughout the meal as we were far too predisposed with enjoying matters appertaining to etiquette. So basically even the well healed toffs make total cnunts of themselves when out on the lash. I am not sure we would enjoy the P and O lines as there are far too many little Englander's that frequent waving their silly union jack flags in the faces of other foreign vessels at every single port of call and with there presumptuous bombastic grandeur of all that's colonialistic and British. The discerning mix of Europeans for us is the parting shot that defines what a cruise should really encapsulate by enriching educating and refining of the psyche and is more about interaction and ambience than a balanced measure of grandeur...

I only hope our forthcoming Waldorf meet up will be more civilized and maybe Mr Web may consider charging an entrance fee to keep the riff raff at arms length..

Probably the finest post ever on bluemoon!!!

Probably the finest post ever on bluemoon!!!!

CCTV evidence showed a ten foot man attempting to conceal evidence in a magic cloak, assisted by a man in a leopard skin leotard. A lady with a beard reported large footwear at the scene.

The price of exclusivity.. Celebrity is about my limit and keeps me away from the louts..

only ever been with P&O, definitely gone down hill last 3 or 4 years, mrs flook has an ironing fetish so ship must have a guest laundry facility :/

Exceptional

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.