Help For Disadvantaged Kids

Bilboblue

Good evening all.

I sometimes (when able to) donate to a group that feeds kids in an impoverished part of the Philippines, the group is on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/369191593735129/

You can see in the header photo where the kids live, it's a dirty, horrible place, under a bridge, and many are in simple tin shacks.

These kids and their parents have very, very little and there doesn't seem to be a lot of hope for their futures, but I'd like for us to be able to help in a small way.

These kids go around in rags(!) and many are bare-footed, some don't have shirts or shorts, so go around semi-naked, you can see in some of the photos on the group's facebook page.

The group has the food basically covered, there's around 220 kids and for a lot of them, it's the only meal they get that day.

I digress, I want to be able to, with peoples help, send some clothing there to help them out, so if anybody has any old City shirts, and shorts they could donate, that would be amazing, also if anybody has any other clothing, for kids aged 2-10, boys and girls, light in weight (the clothes), also flip-flops/light shoes/sandals, that would be fantastic too.

I'm more than happy to cover the cost of postage (but feel free to chip in if you want haha!), and I can pick up stuff at home games if anybody has it, or it can be posted to me and I can forward it on, when there is enough to make it worthwhile. I'm happy to provide proof of postage and receipt, as well as pics of the kids receiving the items.

I've also pinned this to my twitter account @KippaxBill so please, feel free to take a look.

Seriously, any clothing would be great, and very much appreciated by these poor, unfortunate kids.

Good evening all.

I sometimes (when able to) donate to a group that feeds kids in an impoverished part of the Philippines, the group is on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/369191593735129/

You can see in the header photo where the kids live, it's a dirty, horrible place, under a bridge, and many are in simple tin shacks.

These kids and their parents have very, very little and there doesn't seem to be a lot of hope for their futures, but I'd like for us to be able to help in a small way.

These kids go around in rags(!) and many are bare-footed, some don't have shirts or shorts, so go around semi-naked, you can see in some of the photos on the group's facebook page.

The group has the food basically covered, there's around 220 kids and for a lot of them, it's the only meal they get that day.

I digress, I want to be able to, with peoples help, send some clothing there to help them out, so if anybody has any old City shirts, and shorts they could donate, that would be amazing, also if anybody has any other clothing, for kids aged 2-10, boys and girls, light in weight (the clothes), also flip-flops/light shoes/sandals, that would be fantastic too.

I'm more than happy to cover the cost of postage (but feel free to chip in if you want haha!), and I can pick up stuff at home games if anybody has it, or it can be posted to me and I can forward it on, when there is enough to make it worthwhile. I'm happy to provide proof of postage and receipt, as well as pics of the kids receiving the items.

I've also pinned this to my twitter account @KippaxBill so please, feel free to take a look.

Seriously, any clothing would be great, and very much appreciated by these poor, unfortunate kids.
May be worth dropping Kevin Parker a line at the supporters club.
See if each branch can chip in and all bring them to a central point on one specific match day and with a few bob to help with postage too.
Good luck.

Good evening all.

We dont realise how lucky we are, hate to see shit like this i dont have any youngsters,so no kids stuff but will go on ebay this week and buy a few tops, socks etc to donate.thanks for highlighting this.

May be worth dropping Kevin Parker a line at the supporters club.
See if each branch can chip in and all bring them to a central point on one specific match day and with a few bob to help with postage too.
Good luck.
I'm chatting with Natalie, the City Square presenter, hoping to get her and/or City to tweet to bring stuff to collect at the Spurs match, or another match in the near future, but good idea, I'll try getting hold of Kevin too, thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.