What's the ratio of City to Utd in Manchester now?

I'm from Chorley,and there are loads of blues up here,always has been,and the big difference is that 99% of Blues here are season ticket holders as well,I grant there are rags,who probably go once every few seasons,same applies to Liverpool fans as well up here.
My 7 year old grandson is one of them in the town :)
Was at his school sports day a few weeks back and a good number of kids in City shirts.
There was one race where a blue came first and a lad in a Liverpool kit came second. Me and my daughter had a chuckle over that one.

In my office of 40 people there are loads of reds and 3 blues. I work in Moss Side. I live in Withington, and generally see more blue shirts, but I think in football you see the more successful team more out and about. United have more fans in Manchester at the end of the day due to the age/success of their team. However, you look in the playground of my 8 year old son (West Didsbury) and it's totally City now. This has been happening for about 3/4 years now. If we maintain the success for at least another 5 years, that will be enough to takeover totally.
Everyone's individual experience is down a bit to chance, but the fact was in 2001, after a census of season-ticket holders with which each club co-operated it was 8 / 7 Utd to City.

Now it must be significantly 2:1 or 3:1 City in terms of match-going fans. It just has to be after a decade of City dominance.

Amongst school kids, it's overwhelming. Total reversal.

The next tasks, are to overtake them financially, because after we do that, it will be difficult for them to come back. We need to set this in concrete.

This is why I am disappointed that we haven't expanded the North Stand. We need to get the infrastructure in place, and drive those nails in.

You can look closer to home.

Warrington/Wigan/Bolton/Oldham/Bury/Rochdale. - rags everywhere. City fans still
Make up a very small minority in Warrington. It’s growing but rags and red scousers rule the roost.
Not forever. City have areas too, and crucially amongst the young we're killing them.

Everyone's individual experience is down a bit to chance, but the fact was in 2001, after a census of season-ticket holders with which each club co-operated it was 8 / 7 Utd to City.
I remember the census being done and also recall how the reds - well aware of the need to be seen as still a local club - gave hand picked details of a small amount of season ticket holders and then used those figures as an average figure for all of their season ticket holders. Unsurprisingly the majority of those hand picked had local addresses.

Last edited:
70-30 United. Gonna be tough to grab some of these young lads with our ticket prices and the fact their dad's are 90's kids and avid pub going reds

Mid is like an oasis in North manchester for blues. Lived in Hollin too and it's its like a breath of fresh air from the rochdale rags. Heywood always seem good too, though i can't remember if Heywood was in Mcr or not now.
I’m Heywood, to be fair it seems to be a 50:50 split between shirts spotted. I don’t go drinking in Heywood, but we’ve got a supporters club and I see a city shirt at least once a day

always thought it was a bit cringy manc dipper fans. I wonder if their are scouse scum fans wearing scum shirts in kirby?
Weird thing is, I was brought up in Whalley Range (before it was posh) then moved to Handforth, this was about 78/79 when I was 11, school was either Blue or Dipper which was odd, Rags were rare. Guess the glory hunter Mancs went Dipper in those days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.