What's the ratio of City to Utd in Manchester now?

What is evident if you see someone with one of shirts / baseball caps or whatever they are invariably match going supporters , if i see a fellow blue i always try and strike up a conversation and 90% of the time they do go to mostly home games ,similar with Everton supporters again the vast majority are local fans who attend matches . Now i would never instigate a conversation with a Rag or Dipper because 90% of the time they will be a knobhead who has never seen their football team in the flesh and yet they infest the internet deriding our support.
But the most hilarious conversation i had was with a Dipper of asian persuasion commenting on our empty seats and our lack of support , whilst i know for a fact he lives less than twenty miles from Klanfield and yet he has never been to watch his football club , YCNMIU.

I grew up in Withington which in the 70s was about as Blue as you could get, and still is I think. I have always felt that the closer you get to central Manchester ie mostly the inner-city districts City fans are dominant. I have lived in Lancashire for 19 years (Wyre) and this area has been submerged in Liverpool and Rags fans as long as I have been here. However it is changing. Nowadays Liverpool fans outnumber United about 2 to 1 but five years ago it was more like 50-50. To be honest I have never seen many United shirts in the centre of Manchester even when they were good. Now they have totally vanished. Long may it last.

Based on my experience - pubs, people I know ... there are way more united fans in Stockport then city fans.

Surprised by how Man City fans there are in Salford though

My (former student) son has just lived for a year near Salford Royal

I too was amazed at the amount of Blues round there - previously had it down as proper bandit country

The spit and saw dust could have been either the Old David's (now gone) or the Apple and Pear.

She right about rag fans, they always float off fast
If you stood outside with your back to the main entrance, she pointed left & said the pub was down there just off the estate, if that helps. She told me its name, but I wasn't paying attention to what it was called in truth.....

I reckon we are taking the '9 year old boy' market. When we were shite you would often see families of Blues where the lad would say he was a United fan at around that age as if the team you support is rubbish then you are too. We lost loads because of this.

The boot is on the other foot now as United are shite, boring and, crucially, they win fuck all.
After I split from my ex, she got with a diehard Rag a couple of years later, & took great delight in binning the City kits I bought the 2 lads, then buying them ManUre Rags & doing all she could to get them to switch allegiences.

This was made all the easier because we'd also been relegated to the 3rd tier & ManUre eere winning trebles. The boys wanted to be Rags because they were constantly having the piss taken out if them at school, as all their friends were Rags.

Speaking to them about it, they asked if it was OK if they changed from Maine Road to Old Toilet. They said they'd stay Blue if I made them, but the switch was what they wanted. Reluctantly I agreed, which was heartbreaking for me. Fuckin bitter women eh!

Watching the Derby with them was weird. Them supporting the Rags & me City. However, the 2 youngest were too young to even understand what football was about at the time, so they thankfully they followed Daddy instead.....

I won't deny I've been taking great pleasure watching the misery on the eldest two's faces as their Old Toilet dream literally turns to shit!! :-)

London is too big for one club to dominate. I’d say Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are the big three.

Agree with the first bit, but in terms of numbers West Ham have got the whole east end and half of essex and are pushing the big 3 close, and having the London Stadium (even thought its shit) has enabled them to nearly double their match going fan base.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.