Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll have a pint of what he's been drinking, landlord.

Firstly, what evidence do you have that Pep is fed up with him? (And I know you said "if")
Secondly, if you think that 80m euros is a fair price for him, have you looked at the going rate for players of his quality and experience, together with the accolades/medals he has won whilst at City, compared with recent transfers of players nowhere near that standard?
Thirdly, look at the prices being touted for players perceived by the media to be good, but in fact (or my opinion) overhyped - and you can name your own - they are well in excess of City's valuation for Sane.
Finally, it's Bayern who are involved. Their MO is a well established method of trying to unsettle players they want by all the "Dark Arts" only available, it seems, to G14 clubs. I can guarantee that if we tried it, UEFA would be accusing us of "tapping up" the player we were after.
I will be very surprised if (if he does leave) he goes for less than £100m, but nothing surprises me with the club I have now been watching for 60 years.
Perhaps with the management structure we now have in place, we have grown a backbone. I hope so.

1. None, it was a hypothetical
2. I said £90-100m was fair
3. I hope I'm wrong, but if not I'd be very happy to share more than a pint of this fine ale I'm drinking with you

If Sane is going, it would be fucking brilliant if RM or Barca were to jump in for him, leaving the German rags devastated and totally humiliated.

Pep saw something he didn't like last season & it doesn't look like Sane is100% committed to City, so I think Pep will quietly sanction the sale as long as we get a top class replacement... Having said that, with the disrespect Bayern have shown us It'll leave a very bad taste if we don't sell him to them for a premium price of £120-£130m - if they get him below market value that would make us look like a soft target to other clubs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.