Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bought your brand spanking new car for £37k. 3 years on, its depreciated like a woman and it’s net book value is now £14.8k. You still like your car. It has it’s pluses and negatives, being that it’s really fast but not 100% reliable. You’d be willing to switch for another model if you could get a good price. Then you are contacted by someone in Germany who’s willing to offer you over £80k for the car! But you’re not going to sell because of bad blood with that guy? Or do you realise that business is business and take the tidy profit to get a car you can rely on more?

It really isn't, they just paid €80m for Hernandez and now want a commercial poster boy and are in desperate need for quality wingers.
We should make em pay an extortionate amount of money for their dream target.

Im sorry fella but you are living in another universe if you believe this shit.

I think there is a chance they will pay £100 million. At a push. Anything over that and people are dreaming.

Our position is weaker than some think. If he’s already a bit of a problem in the dressing room there is no way Pep will sanction us trying to force him to sign a contract because that will only make it worse.

We will sell. Make no mistake, but there is not a hope it’s £150 million etc etc because we stand to lose him for nothing in 2 years

If Leroy does stay which I think the majority of us want, I think that means ideally he signs a new contract. If not then every time he has a poor game it will be said his head is elsewhere. The best option for us is for him to sign the contract, if not and he stays just don’t see that as tenable. This will also result in a lower fee next year if a contract is not signed. Not sure the club want it to drag on indefinitely.

If Bayern choose not pay the price we think he is worth, or any other club for that matter, then he is not worth it. That is how value is ascertained.

I buy and sell many products, quite often I release them for less than ‘market’ value because nobody was willing to pay its list price. It happens a lot in many forms of purchasing.

Do I think Sane is worth the ridiculous numbers being thrown about? No. Not at all.

Like I said, he will go for between £80 to £90 million, 100 at a stretch and anywhere within that is decent money.
Which is exactly what I said a few weeks back. If Sane is going to be sold for 150M plus there will have to be a lot of interest from
others at present as far as I am aware no other club has expressed an interest in him which is somewhat strange. There is no doubt the guy has the talent
to be a world top five player but that is in the future and is not a given.

You bought your brand spanking new car for £37k. 3 years on, its depreciated like a woman and it’s net book value is now £14.8k. You still like your car. It has it’s pluses and negatives, being that it’s really fast but not 100% reliable. You’d be willing to switch for another model if you could get a good price. Then you are contacted by someone in Germany who’s willing to offer you over £80k for the car! But you’re not going to sell because of bad blood with that guy? Or do you realise that business is business and take the tidy profit to get a car you can rely on more?
I’ve now been informed by a mechanic that the car will be worthless in 2 years time, a total write off. No chance of it’s MOT being extended. But incredibly, the German guy is still offering over 80k. Starting to look an attractive deal?

This is why Ferran, Txiki & Khaldoon will be more likely to sell than keep him for 2 years.

Im sorry fella but you are living in another universe if you believe this shit.

I think there is a chance they will pay £100 million. At a push. Anything over that and people are dreaming.

Our position is weaker than some think. If he’s already a bit of a problem in the dressing room there is no way Pep will sanction us trying to force him to sign a contract because that will only make it worse.

We will sell. Make no mistake, but there is not a hope it’s £150 million etc etc because we stand to lose him for nothing in 2 years

Not helped either by only one party supposedly being interested in his services, the higher fees are gained when there's usually a couple of teams after the player. Our issue is that Pep will want him gone, if he actually doesn't want to be at City, and we can only get what the German rags will pay I suppose. Now if some other team came out of the woodwork and started a bidding war, that's another story.

If he wants to go, he will go, there will be no forced contract.. Business is business as some have said but, i hope City do hang out for £100 million because the German rags have been utter ****s through the whole process so far, if what has been written in the press is to be believed.. As Pep has continually said, he only wants players to stay if they are 100% committed and can handle being on the bench if the others in their position are playing better...

Aside from all this, I really hope Leroy stays, he is quality and he will get better and better under Pep..!

Last edited:
1. He is not even a starter for us
2. If transfer banned next summer we could sell but not get in a replacement (Bayern may hold the cards after all)
3. He may want to leave (see 1)
4. No other clubs seem interested

Or
We are letting Bayern tap him up, securing the evidence and then hitting them hard with the regs.... (i can but dream - i remember Liverpool shitting themselves when Southampton threatened to do them over VVD... )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.