What's the ratio of City to Utd in Manchester now?

I live blackburn way, still more rags and scouser shirts but popping up and taking over are the kids from 5yr old to 12yr old wearing city shirts. Its the older generation in pubs where you see the rags / scouse shirts. It is a well known fact from local football fans that Manchester is a blue city, its not just a piss take we have.

Im in Manchester every week, always has been good to see the city shirts as I get fed up of the reds stuff in blackburn, but there is defo more and more now. You notice the small things how if you went to a sports shop city shirts where stuck in a corner out of the way. Now they are in your face as soon as you got to a lot of sports shops now and rags kits are behind them. Retail will always push what sells best, its money for them, so there must be a sway over to blue.

I travel far east twice a year with work, strange how the most popular there are chelsea shirts followed by soucers & rags. I hardly see a city top, but yet the people who watch football speak very highly of city, it seems to take a few years to get them buying merchandise.

Another crazy thing I've encountered was 3 years ago on a train journey to Nottingham. The train was absolutely packed with Nottingham Rags. I kept my mouth shut until midway through the journey, the 2 men & their father sat on my table asked me about football. I stood up to be counted for City, which started a load of friendly banter until we reached our destination.

However, I was baffled as to why fans from a city with 2 esteemed clubs, would look toward Manchester for a team to support. It was the same thing I encountered with fans from the surrounding mill towns....... They said Notts County were shit, & Forest had been in the doldrums for years, so this train load switched to ManUre. Strangely enough none of them even gave it the 'But Notts County/Forest are my local team'.

They were very clear they were Rags only. On top of this, they claimed there were even more Dippers & Arsenal fans in Nottingham than ManUre! How strange....

Mid is like an oasis in North manchester for blues. Lived in Hollin too and it's its like a breath of fresh air from the rochdale rags. Heywood always seem good too, though i can't remember if Heywood was in Mcr or not now.

I spent a year in Middleton, being from leafy areas of Stockport and expected it to be full of Rags due to it being North Manc.

It was like spot the Utd shirt... ie... there wasn’t any.

It was absolutely full of City fans.

Another crazy thing I've encountered was 3 years ago on a train journey to Nottingham. The train was absolutely packed with Nottingham Rags. I kept my mouth shut until midway through the journey, the 2 men & their father sat on my table asked me about football. I stood up to be counted for City, which started a load of friendly banter until we reached our destination.

However, I was baffled as to why fans from a city with 2 esteemed clubs, would look toward Manchester for a team to support. It was the same thing I encountered with fans from the surrounding mill towns....... They said Notts County were shit, & Forest had been in the doldrums for years, so this train load switched to ManUre. Strangely enough none of them even gave it the 'But Notts County/Forest are my local team'.

They were very clear they were Rags only. On top of this, they claimed there were even more Dippers & Arsenal fans in Nottingham than ManUre! How strange....

I lived in Nottingham for 10 years, way more rags than any other, very few blues sadly although I know some on here are from Nottingham. I think there was only 2 of us dancing in the Southbank on Trent Bridge on 6-1 day.

I spent a year in Middleton, being from leafy areas of Stockport and expected it to be full of Rags due to it being North Manc.

It was like spot the Utd shirt... ie... there wasn’t any.

It was absolutely full of City fans.
Loads of City up here boss

Brought up in Bolton think there was 3 city fans in the whole school which had a population of 600) now my son is at the age of 11 and in his class there 11 city fans alone and loads in his school so just goes to show it is changing ie slowly but we will definitely get there :)

Brought up in Bolton think there was 3 city fans in the whole school which had a population of 600) now my son is at the age of 11 and in his class there 11 city fans alone and loads in his school so just goes to show it is changing ie slowly but we will definitely get there :)
Must be nice to have a big family

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.