The Tradesperson Thread

Just an idea to keep any work required by fellow Blues 'in house' so to speak.

If you require a mechanic/building work/plumbing/landscaping or just a helping hand/advice......then please use this thread - i think it could be hugely beneficial to all concerned.

Oh......just one thing......BM/Ric is in no way liable and will not accept any responsibility if you choose to use any services found on here and they turn out to be a tosser! ;-)

Cheers all

you want a nice kitchen or fitted bedroom , see me
Just spent a small fortune on the front bedroom....might need the back doing in the near future though - alcoves filling either side of chimney and probably sliding doors with TV on the breast wall.

Wanting a downstairs toilet too,the most obvious/convenient place would be a long,thin,cloak room off my hall,however....its on the opposite side of the house to the drainage,and it also houses the Electric box at one end :-(

I might as well be the first to advertise my services. I've been in the game a long time now, worked all over the country, and never let anything get in the way of me doing a solid job - not even my severe Parkinson's. So if anyone needs any fine painting or plastering doing, send me a pm.

Last edited:
I might as well be the first to advertise my services. I've been in the game a long time now, worked all over the country, and never let anything get in the way of me doing a solid job - not even my Parkinson's. So if anyone needs any fine painting or plastering doing, send me a pm.
Where you based FM?

Are Trades being pushed as a good career?
I’ve been building (carpenter by trade) for 27 years and still really enjoy it whilst making good money. I’d love to see more emphasis in schools for Tradespeople (PC) as it seems to be getting tougher to find good young help who are prepared to
A: learn from scratch which includes pushing a broom
B: put in the hours required

Note, not complaining, just seems a shame not to be given the opportunity to learn at school

I’ve been building (carpenter by trade) for 27 years and still really enjoy it whilst making good money. I’d love to see more emphasis in schools for Tradespeople (PC) as it seems to be getting tougher to find good young help who are prepared to

Note, not complaining, just seems a shame not to be given the opportunity to learn at school

No still more people doing media studies at collage and good luck finding a school that still has any kind practical skills training. I was on a charity day recently working with groundwork trust. Brilliant charity and the training they offer is far better than what most kids get at 16 - 18 level in terms of getting them a job. The issue they face is not getting kids into work - jobs for everyone that puts the effort in and gets a qualification, its getting them to put effort in where it falls down.

Apprentice chippy where I work has just come out of his time . He is rubbish , not interested. Only been kept on because his old fella is a brilliant carpenter and the boss doesn’t want to lose him.. Don’t mind lads making mistakes but just show some enthusiasm.

Just spent a small fortune on the front bedroom....might need the back doing in the near future though - alcoves filling either side of chimney and probably sliding doors with TV on the breast wall.

Wanting a downstairs toilet too,the most obvious/convenient place would be a long,thin,cloak room off my hall,however....its on the opposite side of the house to the drainage,and it also houses the Electric box at one end :-(
Can easily do your bedroom, not the toilet etc tho .
Give me a pm when you’re ready please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.