Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no idea what is going on from sanes or city’s perspective. All we have is Bayern stirring and getting their goons to feed their message to the media. All I’ve seen and heard is sane doing what is expected of him and he looks like he’s enjoying it.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree here.

At the risk of pissing some people off, I'll just say it regardless because it's what I see and believe. The kid is a slapped arse. Absolutely fucking loads of potential but attitude is a huge part of making it to the highest level and his is poor.

Pep hasn't stood for that shit throughout his career and I would suspect he isn't going to start now.

It's about the person as much as it is the footballer and unfortunately Leroy only ticks one of those boxes at present.

In my opinion.

You’ve got to question what Bayern are doing and what the hold up is.

Surely there position does not change they want to sign him and have made it clear. Will they have indicated a package with the agent/ player and waiting for agreement or what is the hold up with the bid.

The only possible explanation is Leroy not giving his go ahead at this point. So either the money is not right or he is waiting to see what we offer in return or he is unsure.

I’m actually on Leroy’s side in being unsure, we dislike Bayern but to a German they are the glamorous/ big team with a history of Germany’s best players playing for them.

We’re a team that are arguably the best in Europe, play in a fantastic league and I would hazard a guess have offered more money. However, professionally the end of last season whilst enjoyable and Leroy certainly played his part in the title win, he was clearly more squad than he was first team and the frustration of going out to Spurs in UCL with minimal playing time will have been a frustrating. Add start of each season he is normally on the bench you can’t blame him for not committing blindly.

He may not want to make a decision for his next 5 years at this point and as fans we have to respect that.

He doesn’t get on with Pep he’s German so I totally understand why he would go
However i hope he doesn’t potential to be one of the best in the world if he sorts out his attitude
Sign an extension Leroy and stay forever

At the risk of pissing some people off, I'll just say it regardless because it's what I see and believe. The kid is a slapped arse. Absolutely fucking loads of potential but attitude is a huge part of making it to the highest level and his is poor.

Pep hasn't stood for that shit throughout his career and I would suspect he isn't going to start now.

It's about the person as much as it is the footballer and unfortunately Leroy only ticks one of those boxes at present.

In my opinion.
Nail and head pal

If we can get 100 million for him. I would sell. Think he is one of those players who has all the potential to be world class, but will never reach it. Going into this season would put Mahrez, Sterling, Bernardo, and Foden above him in the pecking order. While he is definitely a goal threat he gives the ball away too much and defensively it always looks like he is only pretending to defend.

Cannot help but believe we are actively encouraging Bayern’s interest behind the scenes. If this was say De Bruyne or Bernardo does anyone think City would be tolerating all the sh!t Bayern have been spouting to the media all summer? I think there would have been a strongly worded statement warning Bayern they would be reported for tapping up.

I do believe we offered him a new deal and would have been happy for him to sign but I think when he didn’t we’ve prioritised getting a decent fee for him over trying to persuade him to stay. If he goes and we don’t get a replacement for him I think the window will have been an absolute disaster. The threat of a transfer ban seems real and if imposed would mean its 2 years before we are able to replace him. Kompany has gone with Silva and potentially Gundogan leaving next summer also. Whilst Foden will be ready, if Sané leaves and isn’t replaced we would then be 2-3 top class players short with Aguero a year older.

We have to make the most of having Guardiola here whilst we can. Having him and a top class set of 18-20 players as we have had last 2 years is the best guarantee of success we will ever have. Our squad depth is what has led us to 5 trophies in 2 seasons. Sane has been a huge part of that. Really hope the club are prepared and don’t f@ck these next 2 years up.

Cannot help but believe we are actively encouraging Bayern’s interest behind the scenes. If this was say De Bruyne or Bernardo does anyone think City would be tolerating all the sh!t Bayern have been spouting to the media all summer? I think there would have been a strongly worded statement warning Bayern they would be reported for tapping up.

I do believe we offered him a new deal and would have been happy for him to sign but I think when he didn’t we’ve prioritised getting a decent fee for him over trying to persuade him to stay. If he goes and we don’t get a replacement for him I think the window will have been an absolute disaster. The threat of a transfer ban seems real and if imposed would mean its 2 years before we are able to replace him. Kompany has gone with Silva and potentially Gundogan leaving next summer also. Whilst Foden will be ready, if Sané leaves and isn’t replaced we would then be 2-3 top class players short with Aguero a year older.

We have to make the most of having Guardiola here whilst we can. Having him and a top class set of 18-20 players as we have had last 2 years is the best guarantee of success we will ever have. Our squad depth is what has led us to 5 trophies in 2 seasons. Sane has been a huge part of that. Really hope the club are prepared and don’t f@ck these next 2 years up.
Agree fully with this post....very good !

We can do nothing whatsoever to stop someone from another club, in another country, to make off-the-cuff remarks to a journalist who happens to be within earshot (of course, there is nothing happenstance about it, it's designed to unsettle the player). That's the long and the short of it.

If he re-signs this summer, we'll all be laughing at each other, and wondering what all the fuss was about. If he goes to Bayern, I wish him well. It'll be a mistake, in my honest, objective opinion, but I wish him well. He has the potential to be a Ballon d'Or winner, but only the potential. I honestly believe that he would realise that potential here, in a very competitive league, in a fiercely competitive squad, with the most demanding and technically savvy manager on the planet.

I would keep him for 2 years then let him fck off for free, we’d have had great value & Bayern will have to sign someone in the meantime & he doesn’t get a pay rise like the other lads, every time he takes the field he’s at risk of injury, contracts are there to protect.

In my opinion.

Got to agree with that,any match going fans will see the surly,non interested attitude on loads of occasions during a match,but then after a word in his ear from Pep,he can suddenly burst into stride and go on a run and beat 3 players before putting it on a plate for someone,so frustrating when most know he has it in his locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.