Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Leroy would be a totally different player with a pay rise, the guy is on 60k a wk ffs, if City bump that upto 240k a wk, something a 125-150m pound player is worth you will see him running back, a different player. Look at Raheem, he got what he's worth and hasn't looked back, the same would happen to Leroy I'm in no doubt.

I think he's worth more than that. Real Madrid just paid around £100m for Eden Hazard who only had a year left on his contract, and Barcelona paid only a little more for Griezmann who is in the same situation. Both of them are 28, so there's no chance that a 23 year old with 2 years left on his contract isn't worth more than them. If we were being quoted £100m next summer after he refused to sign a contract, then I'd say it's reasonable. But this summer, that's definitely not enough.
Seems he only wants Munich though. Or at least he's using them to either get higher wages or no-one else is going down their route and trying to tap him up.

I think he's worth more than that. Real Madrid just paid around £100m for Eden Hazard who only had a year left on his contract, and Barcelona paid only a little more for Griezmann who is in the same situation. Both of them are 28, so there's no chance that a 23 year old with 2 years left on his contract isn't worth more than them. If we were being quoted £100m next summer after he refused to sign a contract, then I'd say it's reasonable. But this summer, that's definitely not enough.

Yep easily worth £100M if not more.

What we know about him is his attitude on the pitch which at times displays a lack of interest and effort. I have never spoken to the guy so like most fans have no idea what he is like outside of football nor do I care.But if he gives off the impression he won't go the extra mile on the pitch it is hardly surprising some are indifferent whether he stays or goes.

I don't think Leroy would be being accused of a lack of effort if he wasn't potentially departing. I've never had the impression from him as being lazy on the field. He's always willing to gamble on a through ball and gets back and defends as well as any of our other attackers.

I don't think Leroy would be being accused of a lack of effort if he wasn't potentially departing. I've never had the impression from him as being lazy on the field. He's always willing to gamble on a through ball and gets back and defends as well as any of our other attackers.
To be fair, there were questions about him when he wasn't getting picked in the team, as well as the fact that he didn't get picked for the World Cup despite obviously being more talented than some that did go. They might have increased since it looks like he could leave, but there have always been some people on here questioning his attitude.

Not me, btw.

I reckon Leroy would be a totally different player with a pay rise, the guy is on 60k a wk ffs, if City bump that upto 240k a wk, something a 125-150m pound player is worth you will see him running back, a different player. Look at Raheem, he got what he's worth and hasn't looked back, the same would happen to Leroy I'm in no doubt.
Maybe, but Raheem was playing incredibly before he got the pay rise. Every match thread on here after he had another amazing game was basically followed by "give him what he's asking for."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.