Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I see it is a lack of understanding the game fully just yet and like Kyle Walker alluded to in an interview on FiveLive in 2018 - a lack of confidence/belief in himself at times [“if he just believed in himself he could be anything”]

In no way at all do I see a lack of interest or effort.

Pep said something the other day about him staying connected in the game, this is how I see it, it's not bad attitude or laziness, he just has the tendency to lose focus every now and then. It's a minor issue that can be resolved

I think a few people a bit guilty of turning on one of our own here.

Sane was in and out of the team last season. He's being chased pretty doggedly by the top team in his own country who clearly want to make him their main man - if he stays at City he's at least 5th on the list of main men and maybe even lower. If both us and him are convinced he can climb that list and become undroppable he'll stay - I don't see much harm in him weighing his options though.

I'm an absolutely huge fan of Sterling, but let's not forget that his agent was openly touting him to Real during contract negotiations to get what he wanted

Bayern do deserve recognition, for clearly having achieved what they set out to do, which is ruffle feathers and unsettle things.

It is SO disappointing reading so many comments of people turning on Leroy, just because they don't have the patience he and the club do. If he'd have signed a contract extension a month ago, would people still be saying get rid, bad character, annoying face (wtf btw?), doesn't fit etc etc? doubt it.

Football opinions are clearly so influenced by trending buzzwords, which are easy to echo. The thing is, as soon as this starts to trickle through from online posts to the stands and therefore the pitch, job done Bayern, Sane's unwelcome, might as well go join even if he was never that keen. And with two weeks left for that after our window shuts, easy to play on that to negotiate (eventhough imho the club will refuse to sell anyone -apart from mangala- once our window shuts).

I don't see any attitude problems, on or off the pitch. I don't see the individualism folk accuse him off, and his assist stats certainly disprove that regardless. And i dont have any issues with his face. Or that one time he waved his arms when a bad pass missed him, and Carragher wouldn't shut up about it. I think he is ideal for the team, and i don't see us being able to replace him easily.

I'm more than happy to wait a few more weeks, or even the entire next season should he wish to assess his future here, and see him available to play for us in the meantime. And if he leaves, i'm happy for him to make that choice, with no bitter after-feelings towards him, he has contributed plenty.

Am I understanding this correctly; that people want to sell Sane because he doesn’t smile enough?

Partly this. But to be fair, others are slagging him off because he doesn't run enough. I don't think either is particularly true, by the way. He's not a Duracell bunny type of player. He has explosive turns of speed which, precisely, catch the opposing defence napping. There have been games, a few too many, where he's had virtually no impact on the game, I'm not saying there aren't. He's also scored phenomenal, and important, goals for us. Re. away game at Old Trafford. I'm convinced of one thing, and one thing only: if he stays, he will improve.

Bayern do deserve recognition, for clearly having achieved what they set out to do, which is ruffle feathers and unsettle things.

It is SO disappointing reading so many comments of people turning on Leroy, just because they don't have the patience he and the club do. If he'd have signed a contract extension a month ago, would people still be saying get rid, bad character, annoying face (wtf btw?), doesn't fit etc etc? doubt it.

Football opinions are clearly so influenced by trending buzzwords, which are easy to echo. The thing is, as soon as this starts to trickle through from online posts to the stands and therefore the pitch, job done Bayern, Sane's unwelcome, might as well go join even if he was never that keen. And with two weeks left for that after our window shuts, easy to play on that to negotiate (eventhough imho the club will refuse to sell anyone -apart from mangala- once our window shuts).

I don't see any attitude problems, on or off the pitch. I don't see the individualism folk accuse him off, and his assist stats certainly disprove that regardless. And i dont have any issues with his face. Or that one time he waved his arms when a bad pass missed him, and Carragher wouldn't shut up about it. I think he is ideal for the team, and i don't see us being able to replace him easily.

I'm more than happy to wait a few more weeks, or even the entire next season should he wish to assess his future here, and see him available to play for us in the meantime. And if he leaves, i'm happy for him to make that choice, with no bitter after-feelings towards him, he has contributed plenty.

Good post, I agree with you but just one thing, these accusations started before Bayern's interest became public, they were offered up as reasons he wasn't starting games in the second half of last season.

Leroy could be much more greedy on the pitch for me.

I think the more stuff he tries, the better he will get. I have no problem with anything he does, I just wish he'd try more of it.

If we want him to track back all the time, then we probably need to accept less sprints forward. He's a speed merchant not a mid distance runner.

Some folks probably think Usain Bolt is a lazy **** because he doesn't sprint round the1500 metres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.