Best gig you've ever been to

It will always be my next Stranglers gig.
Was never a massive fan but saw them at the Apollo late seventies, they were threatened with arrest if they had a stripper strip to nice& sleezy they surely did & James Anderton sent in the heavies when they’d finished.
They were absolutely superb as well ...very underrated at the time I think.

Always wanted to get to one, great band
Saw the Stranglers as part of a CSE show at RAF Akrotiri once...absolutely superb and even jammed as an encore with some lads from GEF who had formed a band ... it was certainly a gig to remember..

I also saw Level 42 at Hammersmith Odeon then Wembley in the same week in December 1986... they were superb too

Last edited:
First gig. I'm in there somewhere. Near the stacks in front of Paul Simonon.

...deffo don't remember magazine at that one Tony Wilson got battered with pint pots, and John cooper Clarke did a free gig in the bogs.

@squirtyflower. Is this the one you were at mate? Siouxsie was there but I don't think Magazine played. Maybe Penetration?

Live Aid - '85
TRex - Tiffanys, Great Yarmouth '75
Roxy Music - Belle Vue '74
Springsteen - NEC '81
Faces - Belle Vue - '74
Patty Smith - Scarbrough '16

Can't decide on the order but my best evers got to include these

Springsteen - Apollo 1981
Bowie - NEC 1983
Rod Stewart - Belle Vue 1978
Stiff Little Fingers - Apollo 1981
David Byrne - Birmingham 2018
Springsteen - Kilkenny Ireland 2013
Courteeners - Stoke Sugarmill 2007
The Killers - Apollo 2006
Slow Readers Club - Apollo 2018

Looks like the Buzzcocks at Rock Against Racism, Alexandra Park. I was there and had a great time but hard to judge against a lot of gigs at the time .

Pretty sure you are right and this was Alex Park.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.