What's the ratio of City to Utd in Manchester now?

How I’ve always seen it has been:

Timperley, Wythenshawe, Didsbury, Withington, Moss Side, West Gorton, Gorton, Ardwick Green, Ardwick, Ancoats, Miles Platting, Failsworth, Middleton, Cheadle, Gatley... big Blue areas.

South Altrincham, Sale, Stretford, Urmston, Lower and Higher Broughton, Ordsall, Eccles, Swinton, Crumpsall, Blackley, Moston, Cheetham Hill, Beswick, Clayton, Wigan, Bolton... big Red areas.

South side of Salford has always been red due to its proximity to the swamp but there have always been plenty of blues on the North side which includes Higher Broughton

Timperley, Wythenshawe, Didsbury, Withington, Moss Side, West Gorton, Gorton, Ardwick Green, Ardwick, Ancoats, Miles Platting, Failsworth, Middleton, Cheadle, Gatley... big Blue areas.

South Altrincham, Sale, Stretford, Urmston, Lower and Higher Broughton, Ordsall, Eccles, Swinton, Crumpsall, Blackley, Moston, Cheetham Hill, Beswick, Clayton, Wigan, Bolton... big Red areas.

you missed leve and burnage - blue areas

you missed leve and burnage - blue areas
Indeed

Missed a few off, thinking about it.

As you say Sale Moor, Leve and Burnage for us; Newton Heath, Partington and Irlam for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere SK8 has the highest percentage of match goers per head of population at both clubs. Maybe because they are outnumbered the SK8 Reds actually go to games to prove Greater Cheadle is not all blue.

Wrong on Clayton being a big red area. Historically it’s always been 50/50. I was born and raised there from the early 60s.

South Gtr Manchester is City.

North and West Gtr Manchester is United.

East Gtr Manchester is mostly City, with pockets of United.

Until a proper survey is carried out, nothing can ever be proved.

But it is safe to say, both clubs have certain area’s of Gtr Manchester that are definitely blue or red.

Just to prove my thoughts.

Don’t Know where the Wigan Blues come from? Odd one that.

Derby map.

From the MEN.

5-F14784-C-7676-4-CD2-A08-E-06351413-A9-DE.jpg

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...l-news/manchester-derby-map-men-survey-687267

I’m born and raised in Urmston and when I was in school, I’d estimate there was about 4 rags for every blue. At least that’s how it was in my school.

I have a good reference for how it is these days though, as I have 2 younger brothers and 2 really young nephews too. Most of their mates are City fans and there are more blues than rags in their classes. Of course, they could be exceptions, it’s not exactly a large sample size, but it’s still quite a dramatic shift.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.