Ante Palaversa - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played 90 mins in an upset away win against Vinnie's Anderlech on Sunday. Anyone knows how well he did?

It was the first proper central DM I've seen him play - sweeping in front of the CBs. For Split he just drifted out to the left and provided a target for the LB and LW. IMO, you could literally see him improve as the game went on - his reading and anticipation really rose. Decent stamina for a big guy - kept his feet moving until the end. His attitude was very positive despite how loose his teammates were with possession - woulda driven me nutz. He rarely touched the ball offensively, Anderlecht dominated possession, but he really showed his tekkers, touch and passing savvy now and then. Did fine for perhaps his first DM stint ever. I'm sorta surprised - thought people who thought he could be a DM were nutz based on watching him at Split this Spring. lol

According to Oostende fans on twitter, he’s been very good in his first 2 league games for them

Like the first game, he improved as the mins ticked off. He was involved in the build up for the 1st and 3rd Oostende goals. His problem right now DM-wise is that he becomes a spectator as soon as the opponent's action passes him by - lacks that instinctual burning desire to claw his way back into the mix and chase play. On the plus side he hit some lasered diagonals that KDB or LaPorte woulda been proud of - PING. Still have my doubts there's a DM in him, shrug, we'll see. Looks like he's gonna get a lot of run there with Oostende. I enjoy watching him. Love his demeanor, posture, vision and touch. Could be on a Zinny-like path to relevance.

Like the first game, he improved as the mins ticked off. He was involved in the build up for the 1st and 3rd Oostende goals. His problem right now DM-wise is that he becomes a spectator as soon as the opponent's action passes him by - lacks that instinctual burning desire to claw his way back into the mix and chase play. On the plus side he hit some lasered diagonals that KDB or LaPorte woulda been proud of - PING. Still have my doubts there's a DM in him, shrug, we'll see. Looks like he's gonna get a lot of run there with Oostende. I enjoy watching him. Love his demeanor, posture, vision and touch. Could be on a Zinny-like path to relevance.
Basically his biggest weakness seems to be chasing to win the ball back? That's super coachable, I feel. Just look at how well our team does it now under Pep compared to when Pellegrini was the gaffer. Thanks much for the insight. Pala is a guy I'm excited about and could be an understudy to Rodri and Dinho (if he signs his extension) for next year.

Here's an example of his 'spectating' ... after the shot on goal where I time-stamped this, you'll spot #14 green near the center spot ...

btw, he's about 2 months older than Phil Foden

Nobody's mentioned here yet, so ...

Translation - A scan showed that Ante Palaversa did not get a crack in the knee. He will, however, be out for four weeks. The coming training days will show whether Capon and Jonckheere are getting fit for Kortrijk.

Today, from the KVO OS via google translate: "On Ante Palaversa it is still a while to wait. The midfielder trained more intensively last week, but now has a slight relapse. No risk is taken with him, he is now following a thorough individual schedule so that he does not fall too far behind on a physical level."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.