The Pride Of Manchester

A new version of the greatest City/the City years after the Pep years have concluded would be wonderful, or perhaps even after our first CL victory.

This is a book which should ALWAYS be available from the City Store.
I can’t get a publisher. Very expensive to make and about 500,000 words too. I wanted to update it for 125th anniversary as it would’ve been so appropriate too. Ah well!

I was wondering if Gary was considering this although it would be hard to beat the perfect timing of the last
Around the 90th minute mark of that QPR game when I knew both the cover and text had to be finalized the next day it didn’t feel like perfect timing. Then the book was saved! Funnily enough the first edition (Manchester The Greatest City) came out at the start of 1997-98 City’s worst season of all time (dropping to 3rd tier) yet sold 6000 books. In 2012 - our greatest season for decades - the book sold 2000 copies! The greater the success the lower the sales.... baffles me.

My copy has got lost along with other books of mine.....
Left them with a City fan friend in his garage in Hebden Bridge. He moved last year to outside Huddersfield.... Somewhere in between the box vanished :(

Four kind of folk live in Hebden Bridge - weirdoes, hippies, hippy-weirdoes, and weirdo-hippies. They do have a nice set of shops and a rather wonderful tea room, though. And, of course, a decent bike shop!.

Around the 90th minute mark of that QPR game when I knew both the cover and text had to be finalized the next day it didn’t feel like perfect timing. Then the book was saved! Funnily enough the first edition (Manchester The Greatest City) came out at the start of 1997-98 City’s worst season of all time (dropping to 3rd tier) yet sold 6000 books. In 2012 - our greatest season for decades - the book sold 2000 copies! The greater the success the lower the sales.... baffles me.

I'm shocked at how low books sales are now, though tbh 6000 sold in 98 still sounds low - why on earth wouldn't at least half of the match goers buy it? Your big books are classics Gary. How many did your Maine Road book sell if you don't mind me asking?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.