Bowie - NEC 1983
Rod Stewart - Belle Vue 1978
Stiff Little Fingers - Apollo 1981
David Byrne - Birmingham 2018
Springsteen - Kilkenny Ireland 2013
Courteeners - Stoke Sugarmill 2007
The Killers - Apollo 2006
Slow Readers Club - Apollo 2018
Great band the Slow Readers Club. Seen them live a few times.

I'm adding The Dead South to this list. Saw them this year and they were brilliant.

Concur with that - he'd done Hammersmith in 75 and not gone down too well (as he perceived it), came back in 81 touring The River and conquered the world. I was at the NEC and Townsend came on for the encore(s), which was odd as The Who famously don't encore. Sprinsteen does about 10 (or did in those days)
Yeah I was at the NEC gig when Townsend came on. The Apollo gig was the same tour and had been rescheduled from the March. He did 2 nights and one ended up clshing with the FA Cup final replay v Spurs. Think it was 1st time a replay had ever been scheduled for a Thursday night and it had to be the night I had a ticket for Springsteen arrgghh !!! So ended up selling my 5th row gig ticket so I could go to the replay and buying a rear stalls ticket off a tout for the Bruce gig on the Wednesday. And then we go and lose to sodding Spurs :-(

Great band the Slow Readers Club. Seen them live a few times.

I'm adding The Dead South to this list. Saw them this year and they were brilliant.

Yeah love Slow Readers, struggled to pick my favourite gig of theirs. Must give Dead South a listen.

I live in hope that Hugh and JJ will resolve their issues.

Saw Huge around 2007 doing a great solo acoustic set in the Mod Club Toronto playing mainly Stranglers hits. Saying that, always preferred their songs where JJB was lead.

Recall going into town to buy Black and White and ‘feeling up’ the album to ensure the free white 33 Walk on By ep was inside. HMV turned up trumps.
I remember buying the Raven album from there in 3D hologram sleeve. Can't remember where I bought the Black and White album. Either Virgin, underground market or possibly Robinson's records.

Now you're asking.

Machine Head - Academy - 2004
Decapitated - Underworld - 2005
Fear Factory - Ritz - 2015
Ghost - Apollo - 2017
Metallica - Etihad - 2019

I'm expecting Amon Amarth/Arch Enemy/Hypocrisy in November, Testament/Exodus/Death Angel in March, ann Elton John next November to get added to that list.

Then there are festivals...

Wacken 2007, Metal Camp 2007, just got back from MetalDays in Slovenia on Sunday which was carnage. Brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.