The Human race

As ever it is up to those who can actually influence the change needed. I’m not going to save the planet by reusing the plastic carrier-bags or recycling the plastic bottles that I never asked for.

This is kind of related, and possibly discussed on here before, but we were discussing the claim of over population....ive stolen this but, if ALL the people in the world were standing side by side, with each person having 1 square metre of space to stand in, we would take up approx 7200 square km (or 2780 square miles)....as per pics.

I know its a question of resources etc...but interesting how little physical space we take up.....yet able to cause so much havoc.
e937aead2aec92e76d4a50f7a29585fb.jpg
182c0eccb57621c26023aeb87ec57acf.jpg

Yuval Noah Harari's book, Sapiens, is excellent on the subject of the impact of Homo Sapiens on other species and other humans. The evidence for our destructive nature is incontrovertible.

This is kind of related, and possibly discussed on here before, but we were discussing the claim of over population....ive stolen this but, if ALL the people in the world were standing side by side, with each person having 1 square metre of space to stand in, we would take up approx 7200 square km (or 2780 square miles)....as per pics.

I know its a question of resources etc...but interesting how little physical space we take up.....yet able to cause so much havoc.
you'd need a fair sized burger van to feed them all though.

Let us not forget that 10% of the above is Untieds world wide fan base. We're all doooooomed

I remember reading a while back that the whole of the world's population (without the surrounding space you mentioned) could fit, standing up, on the Isle of Wight. Mental, if true.

I remember reading a while back that the whole of the world's population (without the surrounding space you mentioned) could fit, standing up, on the Isle of Wight. Mental, if true.
You just know some **** would be on the Guinness and kebabs the night before and let off an absolutely rancid fart though and then what would people do? Jump in the sea?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.