General transfer rumours

Everton are close to signing Moise Kean from Juventus.

Isn’t he regarded as one of the best prospects in the game?

They could be a dark horse for a spot in the top four this season.

I'm actually ok with this transfer since it would include a buyback clause. Kean does need to improve on some things and starting for a decent PL team would do him good. If he becomes good enough we'll just activate the buyback clause.

Everton are close to signing Moise Kean from Juventus.

Isn’t he regarded as one of the best prospects in the game?

They could be a dark horse for a spot in the top four this season.

Very highly rated but also very young and lacks they consistency to be the main man, Calvert Lewin has the same consistency issue, they lack a reliable striker that’s going to bag them 15 league goals a season for them to have a genuine run at top 4, plus losing Gueye is a big loss. He’ll improve and be a threat to United but a bit away from top 4 imo.

I'm actually ok with this transfer since it would include a buyback clause. Kean does need to improve on some things and starting for a decent PL team would do him good. If he becomes good enough we'll just activate the buyback clause.
Activate the buy back clause? Aren't those usually the right of first refusal or summat?

I can't see any club that wants to develop and keep a talented player putting anything in that would just say buy him back when you want and we have no recourse.

Activate the buy back clause? Aren't those usually the right of first refusal or summat?

I can't see any club that wants to develop and keep a talented player putting anything in that would just say buy him back when you want and we have no recourse.

Uh? Maybe I expressed myself badly, but as far as I know a buy back clause means we have the right to buy him back at a fixed (and usually not so high) price agreed in the clause in two years time.
Real pulled that off with Morata when he was with us. It was a little heartbreaking for him and for us but such is football business.

Uh? Maybe I expressed myself badly, but as far as I know a buy back clause means we have the right to buy him back at a fixed (and usually not so high) price agreed in the clause in two years time.
Real pulled that off with Morata when he was with us. It was a little heartbreaking for him and for us but such is football business.

From what I saw, it isn't a buy-back, it's a first refusal clause - same as we apparently have with Sancho

From what I saw, it isn't a buy-back, it's a first refusal clause - same as we apparently have with Sancho
And that's what I usually assumed buy back clauses to mean. Obviously, I'm not an expert in football contracts but it seems folly to agree to a deal to buy a player, and have a clause that says selling club can buy him back in two years time, etc for say £35m.

What's the incentive to develop that player? Suppose said footballer turns into a player that's worth 2x or 3x what the "buy back clause states. The new owners will have fucked themselves over royally. A right of first refusal buy back would certainly make better sense, in my opinion.

And that's what I usually assumed buy back clauses to mean. Obviously, I'm not an expert in football contracts but it seems folly to agree to a deal to buy a player, and have a clause that says selling club can buy him back in two years time, etc for say £35m.

What's the incentive to develop that player? Suppose said footballer turns into a player that's worth 2x or 3x what the "buy back clause states. The new owners will have fucked themselves over royally. A right of first refusal buy back would certainly make better sense, in my opinion.

Alright thanks, and sorry BDTR mate I wasn't very familiar with first refusal clauses so I didn't understand.

I reckon buy-back clauses are the middle ground between loans and first refusal in terms of the parent club's willingness to sell. The positive for the (usually lower-positioned) buying club is the possibility of signing a decent player for a decent price and enjoying him for 2 years.

I get that having to sell at a fixed price (if they want him back) isn't great, but if the parent club wants a buy-back clause it means they 100% trust him to become someone they want in their first team; so it can be a good opportunity to have him for two years at a decent price. The incentive to develop him (although a lot of that is also down to the player) is of course just the need to get the best out of him for your team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.