Micah Retires, Will Work for City & BBC MoTD

I always iike Micah, but reading this thread is like listening to MPs praising some now deceased opponent who they hated and abused when they were alive.

Micah came in for unmitigated stick I seem to remember, not only for his limited footballing ability (and crossing in particular), but also questionable commitment with the famed "jogging back".

Still, he's a blue and a good lad in my book.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

And scored the only goal in the FA Cup Quarter Final match against Reading which set up the Semi-final encounter v the Rags in 2011. A Rag acquaintance of mine was sitting in the very front row of the North Stand - or whatever it’s now called - at OTT for the 6-1. He told me a few days later that Micah that day even scared the shit out of those sitting close to the pitch. Welcome back, fella!

Never will forgive Pearce for leaving Micah out of the 1st leg of the FA Youth Cup final in 2006 on a Friday night, instead pkaying him in a meaningless end of season 0-0 at West Ham.
Richards as captain was the heart and soul of the youth team. They lost 3-0.
He returned for the 2nd leg and inspired the team but City could only get a 2-0 victory despite the final 15 mins being like the Alamo in the Liverpool penalty area.
I believe with him in the side in the first leg City would not have lost by 3 goals.

Good luck to him.

True blue at heart
Welcome back Micah
Glad to see the club looks after it’s ex players so well. Another thing to make us proud...

Seems to have a good sense of humour and used to enjoy his features with Lescott on the club website. Really looked the part at times initially in a struggling team but for various reasons went downhill from 2012/3 season which was when Zab was in great form. Good to have MIcah back.

Last edited:
He’ll be fair game for the press now. Hope he’s prepared. Great to have him back. Big character

I'm glad clubs have been doing this more and more in recent years. Far too often, especially back in the 70s and even as late as the 90s, the superstars of various teams who retired were often left on the scrapheap. For example, it took Neil Young forty years and a diagnosis of terminal cancer to finally be granted a testimonial. These days, thank god, players like Micah won't lack a purpose after their playing career if it ends prematurely. They might seem like automatons to us, but footballers are young lads given far too much money before they know how to deal with it - and then their career ends as most other peoples' begin, meaning they never adjust to living a more frugal lifestyle. The number of footballers who blow their cash and end up bankrupt, depressed, alcoholic, it doesn't bear thinking about. At least City have been responsible enough to know when a player has been let down by his body and essentially cut down in his prime, so they'll give him a nice position and a comfortable wage and Micah can carry on serving the game he loves.

Kinda wish they'd do the same for Michael Johnson.

Michael has a steady career, is in remission for his alcoholicism, and doesn't want to go back to the footballing world it seems. Great that we are doing things for Micah, Joleon etc, shame the way things went with Michael and maybe we could have played it differently when he was still player, but he's better off now with his multiple businesses than as an ambassador. I'd guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.