“City Matters” fan committee

It started last season. I know because I used Thomas Cook for Schalke and didn't have enough points for match ticket. I booked the flight and was then contacted by the club to buy my match ticket. As did my mate who also didn't have enough points.
Funny how the club didn’t advertise that this was available last season

I’d doesn’t look like it was thought out too well before being rolled out .
The reps shouldn’t have been given all this seeming power by the club, and maybe the 1st thing they put forward and changed, shouldn’t have been such a big issue as away tickets . Maybe things like raisins in the balti pies and should it say muffins or barms on the menu should be the issues they should be leasing with the club about. joking apart they shouldn’t ’ be anywhere near issues like away tickets with the current format as I don’t think they are qualified in any way to speak for thousands of fans they don’t know and have not engaged with fully .
Sure there are plenty of things they could be useful for but not things as big as this.
I engaged him in conversation on here. It took next to no time for him to dismiss my concerns and to my shock, stooped to name calling and swearing at me.
I wasn’t impressed and my initial thoughts were unfortunately verified.
I’m seriously thinking about which direction I take this now. But I lose out whatever way I decide to go.
And that’s where I am at the minute.

I asked the below in March, which I thought was reasonable seen as PB had responded to me saying away points weren't definitely being dropped despite previously saying they were.

I don't believe it warranted the below response especially when he was clearly lying.

Many other blues received far more abuse,I'll happily tell him this at anfield, ot etc unfortunately I can't tell him at Bournemouth as I no longer qualify. I know he doesn't either but I'm sure he'll be at the big games, again.
I received an unwarranted amount of abuse and I pulled him about it. Then he deleted one comment.

Every time I’ve talked to him he descends into a foul mouthed tirade.

City Centre Branch at The Hare and Hounds was a great laugh. Some cracking guests, Weaver, Trautmann, Young. Although for reasons I could never quite fathom, Alex Stepney was the Club President (he was, to give him his due, City goalkeeping coach at the time). Alex inevitably got stick for his past, but he gave as good as he got. He also often brought down Paddy Fagan who became Vice President. Weaver rocked up on Shudehill in his blacked out Merc, two days before we played Blackburn (the 4-1 promotion game) looking distinctly nervous about where he'd been asked to go, but he soon relaxed as everyone was steaming and gave him a great welcome.
Back on topic...I've asked this before, but is there anyone who gave the CM the mandate to:
ask for 18-25yr old tickets
collect tickets at the ground
award no loyalty points for away games
All are ridiculous ideas. We definitely have seen the impact of this, especially at the Bournemouth game, over 100 tix snapped up by the 18-25yr section that would previously have gone to high points.
On the OSC point and it reaching members' points anyway, how do you know that all the tickets that have been given to OSC members are going to people with 15k+ points? If they're not, and I suspect they're not, then that's unfair on the folk sat on 15k points.
Sadly, the club have us by the proverbials here and the whole CM thing seems nothing more than lip-service.

It sounded great in your Supporters Club mate. I’m glad Weaver sobered up before the game. Was it a case of, “down to his left..”

There would have been about 65 tickets that went to the 18-25 year olds through the CM “agreement”. I know that means a lot of die hard s miss out with Bournemouth having such a small capacity. It was the case a couple of years ago when players and sponsors returned tickets too late for them to be resold.

I can only speak for the tickets for West Ham in my Branch. People won’t need the points every game because the Club recognised the work SC members do to increase our fanbase, promote the Club and generate funding for City in the Community etc. I know this is a contentious issue that divides opinion.

Many fans voted the City Matters Reps on to CM and they have made suggestions to the Club. The reps haven’t decided the policies otherwise we would have at least had a season ticked price freeze and the end of platinum.

I engaged him in conversation on here. It took next to no time for him to dismiss my concerns and to my shock, stooped to name calling and swearing at me.
I wasn’t impressed and my initial thoughts were unfortunately verified.
I’m seriously thinking about which direction I take this now. But I lose out whatever way I decide to go.
And that’s where I am at the minute.
I received an unwarranted amount of abuse and I pulled him about it. Then he deleted one comment.

Every time I’ve talked to him he descends into a foul mouthed tirade.

Fk me , I have my grudge as he gets to speak for me and seemingly speakers for his m8s in the SC instead but as a Representative ov The club he should be more professional when speaking to fans about club issues .. being put in that position he needs to be impartial and put his personal views and opinions away when it comes to club matters and communication with fans be it on here fb twitter or in public (obviously block ignore anyone giving abuse) Or step down if he hasn’t got what it takes ..
The cm needs scrapping or putting on the back burner until appropriate training can be given to them that want to do it and start off with small issues.

Naively I presumed representation would be a positive thing, it's proved anything but, hopefully his tenure will be short lived

So that’s more tickets our Rep has been happy for the ppl he represents to lose out on ...
Can see now why the SC allocations and privileges haven’t been touched if there making deals with everyone else’s tickets ,.

When it comes down to sheer professionalism Sports Options slaughters Thomas Cook.
They have been in the business for years.
Thomas Cook are a Travel Agent (not doing too well at the moment) and sought to make money from their association with the Club (nothing wrong with that ).
But to be allocated tickets that could go to someone who has never been to a City game in front of people who have points and followed them through Europe
is an absolute disgrace. If I cannot get a ticket on my points I will either go on Sports Options or make my own way . I'll get in somehow.
But will never set foot on Thomas Cook,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.