Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Scumbags.

Nobody seems to have raised the question why only Bayern seem to be at the table and City have been unable to kick-start an auction?

This is player driven.

In which case, fuck him for orchestrating this summer long charade and the anger it has caused. Not convinced by the argument that we don’t need a replacement though. If Sterling gets injured, we will be seriously short of not so much width as pace, not just up front but all over the field. Disappointing window to exchange match winners at either end of the field in the shape of Kompany and Leroy, for Rodri

My opinion back in April was

The player has the control, always did have if he made it clear he wants to leave for Bayern we have to drive the best deal we can, we were never going to write off nearly £100 mill just to spite Bayern or the player. It's not a game it's a business and it's a huge amount of money.

100m would certainly be a fair chuck towards a replacement

So if Pep thinks we dont need another winger why was Mahrez brought in a year ago? Basically we have swapped Leroy for Mahrez +30 million! Up there with Creaney for Walsh!

Sane could end the story with a few words. I’m afraid his silence speaks volumes. Don’t want him to go but if he wants out then i hope we get a good deal done ASAP.

Some people seem overly confident but this would be a big hit, especially considering that we aren’t looking to replace him. Like him or not, Sane has great end product which will be difficult to replace. Don’t trust Mahrez or Jesus to fill in for his absence on the wing (completely different players anyway), and as good as we are with Sterling and Bernardo on either side, I don’t think it will leave us with enough rotation on the wings to play in 4 competitions.

I suspect the fact that we have stepped up our pursuit of Cancelo has something to do with it all as Pep will probably play with wing backs and three at the back on occasion.

I trust the club and Pep but I can’t help but feel that this will significantly limit our attacking options.

He's been saying it for a year because Leroy has been keeping us waiting for a year over a contract renewal.

Leroy is a top talent but Pep is also on record saying that he won't keep any player who doesn't want to be here.

Thing is Karen, this is Manchester City FC 2019, not 2005.

We are the Kings of England and don't need to feel any player is doing us a favour by sticking around.

Stands to reason we would love to keep Leroy around, but it has to be a two-way street.

Liverpool lost Suarez and Coutinho, yet they used that cash to take another step forward.

Pep and the club must feel we can do likewise if we agree to a sale of Leroy.

Good luck to the kid, anyhow. He's brought some great moments.

If we're really desperate for a winger, there's a pretty decent one at Madrid we can get on loan!
Yes please!

What’s your argument? There should be outs of clubs after Sane.

Who?

The transfer is 100m which immediately rules out everyone except Real, Barca, United, PSG and Bayern. We're not going to sell to United obviously.

So just 4 left. PSG can't afford a 100m signing unless they sell Neymar and they're currently doing everything to avoid that. Barcelona already have Griezmann, Messi, Dembele and Suarez and are trying to sign Neymar. Real just lumped 100m on Hazard for LW and have 200m worth of kids on the other wing plus can't get rid of Bale.

So who apart from Bayern would want Sané this summer?

No one, which is one of the reasons I was for keeping him until next summer, but if Pep wants to sell now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.