Votes: 417 87.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 4.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 36 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So assuming Sané’s head is not in Wembley and Laporte is ruled out, team could be

Bravo
Zinchenko
Stones
Danilo
Walker
Rodri
Silva
KDB
Foden
Sterling
Bernardo

Wait a minute ... we won the lot last season so they shouldn’t even be here ... City first team should be playing the EDS team or first XI vs second XI ...

Better remind them of the fact that they neither won the Premier League nor the FA Cup and are only here by FA’s invitation to make a game ... could very well have invited Norwich being Championship winners but then hey ho they perhaps need reminding at the start of the season how the last season ended and just demotivate them enough to give up in the first 8-10 games of the season ... theirs are a lot harder than ours and if by then we are any no of points clear, they’d do well to remember how we won 14 in a row to win the league by a single point ... and if by first quarter of the season they’ve conceded any lead to us, they aren’t gonna catch up!

Win this Sunday and that reminder is well served and we’d walk the league ... show them a little bit of way in and their short memories won’t remember all of the above and media won’t help either but to build a narrative that this is their season and this time they can go one better ...

Either way, we are winning the marathon that is the league (yes, yes I’m very confident of that, but have a no. of reasons) ... just would be nice winning the starter too!

I hope we go all out Sunday, and show the PL etc what’s on the cards this season.
I think we will win 3-1, just need to tighten up defensively as their attackers are swift and ruthless. Can’t afford to give these vermin any confidence going into this season.
If they win, they’ll be unbearable, the usual bollox will be spouted about first trophy of the season etc etc. If they lose, it will be just classed as a friendly.
Come on City, stuff those vile creatures and their verminous followers.

Replace with Danilo in that case

What’s the situation with Eric Garcia? I know he’s just played in the u19’s but was that a pre or post season competition? It seemed to start very late to be a 18/19 postseason competition. Is he back at the club or on holiday?

Assuming we’re trying to sell Danilo I’d rather we tested the strength of our potential back ups, before the transfer window closes

Edit: he’s back in training with city, in which case I’d play him before danilo

Last edited:
What’s the situation with Eric Garcia? I know he’s just played in the u19’s but was that a pre or post season competition? It seemed to start very late to be a 18/19 postseason competition. Is he back at the club or on holiday?

Assuming we’re trying to sell Danilo I’d rather we tested the strength of our potential back ups, before the transfer window closes

Edit: he’s back in training with city, in which case I’d play him before danilo

Presumably Taylor Harwood Bellis would play before Garcia as THB has had the entire preseason with Pep and the looked good in the games he played.

I wouldn't rule out Danilo. Doubt it will be Garcia.

Presumably Taylor Harwood Bellis would play before Garcia as THB has had the entire preseason with Pep and the looked good in the games he played.

I wouldn't rule out Danilo. Doubt it will be Garcia.
Hasn’t Garcia spent more time around the first team overall than THB? I got the impression that the club were happy for him to play in the U19’s rather than tour with the first team so it would be surprising if he drops down the pecking order as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.