Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would hurt more than when Shaun Wright Phillips left.

On the upside, we may the Net Spend Trophy. Very important in the age of social media.
I was gutted when Shaunie Wright left as he was my favourite and our best player. I don't feel the same affection for Sane. And although I don't want him to leave, I'll get over him as if he does go.He obviously doesn't want to be here if he leaves where as SWP did.

If we get offered anything above 70m for Sane we should bite their hands off!

Sane has shown flashes of potential but his record isn't all that great and for me, he hasn't improved enough to give confidence that he will come good, and he's been given enough time now.

Add to the mix his questionable mentality and general attitude i.e. he's the sulky kind... then I really think we should cash in while Bayern are interested.
Welcome to earth . Did you enjoy your life under the rock ?

It makes me sad to think I will hate Sane if he joins Munich, he was always loved / adored by the fans; Leroy please don't end up a snake playing for that horrible club
Don't hate him just forget about him. When he returns someday for that lot just ignore him and let it be. I am as jealous bitter and twisted as you get but no point getting upset about this.

It makes me sad to think I will hate Sane if he joins Munich, he was always loved / adored by the fans; Leroy please don't end up a snake playing for that horrible club

That seem a bit much, mate. Had he done a Milner and ran his contract down, then fair enough.

Should he go, and we get the fee (we all feel we should get) £100 million plus, then I can live with that.

But he can get fucked should Bayern come up against us :)

Fantastic player, but obviously taking the piss not signing a new contract yet playing it coy. Just get rid, it's a team game and no matter how good he is he will drag the club down. Thanks for your input but clear off if you don't mind.

Why would he be a snake for going to Bayern? I genuinely hope our fanbase is above booing a player that has helped us achieve unprecedented heights and has decided to go home at be the star player in his country's biggest club. The whole saga has been a bit of a drag but I'd wish Sane nothing but the best for his future.

They can piss the league with what they have now they wait 12 months they get Sane for 60m unless we keep him and he runs his contract down goes for nought in 2 years if he doesnt sign a new contract.
I disagree that there's any danger of him leaving for a free, Bayern really can't afford to wait that long is the problem with that, it would be a bluff and the other options they were exploring are pretty much off the table. They were well off it in the CL last year and they wont want BVB gaining yet more ground on them next season. With influential players like Robben and Ribery leaving this summer, I doubt they even want to wait 1 year but they may have to if they don't have the funds. I fully expect Sané to sign an extension with a buyout clause in, should he still be a City player when the transfer window closes. Other clubs will probably throw their hat in the ring if that happens, with a full season to think about it and secure funds for it.

He was never leaving for £90m this summer, I found it baffling anyone didn't see that as well below what he's worth in this market, even with 2years left. With a player that has a profile like Sané currently has, what we paid for him(and how much profit £90m would be) is irrelevant. Since when do Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea mention that(Suarez, Bale, Modric, Coutinho) when they sell a prize asset, that they don't really want or have to sell? Which Sané most certainly is one, not just for his talent or his potential but he's also hugely marketable. There's not many players out there that tick all three boxes to the level that Sané does(including in our own dressing room).

He gained valuable experience playing in the PL, training at City with the best coach in the world. We will let him go if he wants to leave but beyond that he owes the club just as much as the club owes him, it's more than justified that City should get what they feel he's worth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.