Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GreatSociableAtlanticbluetang-size_restricted.gif

The best bit so far was the remark of Rumenigge:
"We have a very good relationship with City".
YCNMIU

So the club have, through their friendly local journalist, told us that;
A) Leroy is not for sale as far as club are concerned
B) If Leroy told the club he wanted to leave he would ultimately be allowed to do so
C) If B happened then the fee would be in the region of £135M and it would be on the club’s terms
D) No bids or negotiations have been made or started
E) BM have been warned off

The German media;
a) Well they think otherwise

Some City Fans
i) Prefer to believe the “reliable” sources written in a language they don’t understand
ii) Dont believe friendly local media, who have clearly been brief by the club, in their native language

The problem is that there have been numerous transfers, not necessarily involving City, which have followed exactly the same narrative as you have set out and the player ended up being sold.

In this case I think the speculation has partly been fuelled because Pep doesn’t seem to be 100% committed to keeping Leroy. He’s not going to insist that Leroy stays if he wants to leave. The fact that he’s said that suggests that he’s not convinced that Leroy wants to stay

Have to say , winning the Net spend trophy is starting to get appealing for me

No way Bayern will pay 135m....but they are desperate

Have to say this is a great development for Sane, unless he is desperate to go to Munich which I don’t think he necessarily is. City have set a transfer fee and in ongoing contract negotiations Sane can now say ‘pay me money someone valued at 150m euros is worth, which is a shitload’.

It’s really all down to Sane now. Start the season well, show the right attitude and prove your worth. He’ll get a bumper new deal like Sterling did, he should be looking at Sterling as the prime example of how to go about things. I thought Sterling was holding out for a move to Spain initially but when you think about it, the whole setup at City is so good now why would anyone really be desperate to leave? If Sane knuckles down like Aguero did and Mendy appears to be doing, the world’s his oyster.

It's all a matter of opinions. We all have them and obviously we all dont share the same one

No we don't & it's fully understandable that some people argue whether he should be in the team or not.

What is utter bollocks, is when people pretend he has been somehow an irrelevance.

Anyone in doubt of this, ask a neutral fan, who doesn't have a bizarre axe to grind, what they recon.

Ask a Liverpool or Utd fan, if they would prefer Sane to stay at City, or leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.