Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way the club are handling this so far. Clear with both Leroy and Munich what they need to do. Its really up to Leroy to make a decision now, there can be only three options:
1. Stay and sign the new contract
2. Stay and run down two seasons (increasingly sidelined in the last season)
3. Confirm to the club you want to leave and club sells to highest bidder over the price they set.

I still think there is a very good chance he will sign his new contract.
Well put S2.
Not much to disagree with there. Still leaves decision with Sane but if he wants more money only really 1 or 2 to choose from.

Much depends on the fee for which we would sell. If we sell for 70m, you'd have a point. If we sell for 140m, you'd be silly to overrule and piss Guardiola off. He's smart enough to understand what is good for the team and the club, no?

I don't believe for one second that Bayern will pay that & I don't think City believe they will either, hence it's more likely imo, setting the agenda, so that they shut the fuck up whilst we negotiate with Leroy's reps.

But I don't believe Pep would be pissed off anyhow, he's not like that. He prefers others to do that stuff whilst he does the football.

I don't believe Leroy would cause trouble either, that would endanger his career. They would just get on with it imo & eventually, he'd either leave, on our terms, or they would sort it out between them.

I don't believe for one second that Bayern will pay that & I don't think City believe they will either, hence it's more likely imo, setting the agenda, so that they shut the fuck up whilst we negotiate with Leroy's reps.

But I don't believe Pep would be pissed off anyhow, he's not like that. He prefers others to do that stuff whilst he does the football.

I don't believe Leroy would cause trouble either, that would endanger his career. They would just get on with it imo & eventually, he'd either leave, on our terms, or they would sort it out between them.

I agree. They wouldn't pay what we want which means that we wouldn't sell to them except on conditions which make sense for us. I completely trust Txiki and Pep. They may make some mistakes here and there but, generally, they are brilliant. Even if we sell for a fee which does not seem high enough I'd believe that they had information which justified the transfer. Happy days.

If we get offered anything above 70m for Sane we should bite their hands off!

Sane has shown flashes of potential but his record isn't all that great and for me, he hasn't improved enough to give confidence that he will come good, and he's been given enough time now.

Add to the mix his questionable mentality and general attitude i.e. he's the sulky kind... then I really think we should cash in while Bayern are interested.
We could still get 70 going into his last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.